Starfortress, A Warning!

shortimer52

A friend of mine is feed up with the SFP and I can’t blame him at all. I’ve had problems with them as well, and so have others. So I post this here to give everyone a “warning” about this yahoo.

My friend states

“I was in on the FIRST SFP bulk Boba Jumpsuit run around August last year (04).

I eventually received my 1st jumpsuit (yeah 1st) right at Halloween.

Fortunately I didn't need it for Halloween. Unfortunately, I did need it to fit me.

I emailed Anton (repeatedly) & he told me it would probably be best (& faster) to sell it on eBay & order a new one. Sounded ok to me.

That done, I ordered a new one around the time of the 2nd run. I ordered a new one (2nd) in late February.

I finally received it (2nd) on April 15th.

Guess What? That’s right; it too did not fit & was that lovely lavender color.

Again I immediately contacted Anton.

On May 4th he finally managed to email me back. He informed me that it would be an extra 50 bucks for "custom tailoring" AND 25 more for shipping.

I told him who I was & what had transpired. He agreed that it was their fault & that he would gladly exchange it for a new one if I PAID to ship it back to him.(even though HE screwed up, twice)

I reluctantly agreed & shipped it (after trying to lock down what exactly we were doing by emailing Anton repeatedly) on May 26th. I sent it 6 to 10 day mail.

I then proceeded to email Anton every few days until he says that it arrived. He says that it finally arrived on July 6th. 6 to 10 day, 6 to 10 weeks, what's the difference?

I asked him when he was going to ship my new (3rd) jumpsuit on July 10th.

I have emailed him 4 times since then asking for ANY info.

As of tonight (Aug 9) I've yet to hear from him.”

Many others have had the same problem, but it goes on, and on, so ill just cut to the meat and potatoes. If you want to know the in between go to THD and read it there.

“I finally got a response after flooding his inbox with about 20-30 emails a day (seriously)

I sent this every chance I got.

I want a full refund on this order PLUS the extra $25 I had to spend to have it re-shipped to you when it wasn't right again.”

He responded (finally) with this;

"YA RIGHT!

Like we do all this work on your Star Wars costume and you with little or NO appreciation for work wants this AND an extra $25.00

GROW UP and learn some RESPECT for those that do things for you!

Your costume was already sent back to you and you can go play Boba Fett now!"

So, I emailed this back to him;

Anton, or is it Tom?

Let's break this down shall we?

Like we do all this work on your Star Wars costume

All this work?

What does that entail? Making a jumpsuit that I ordered? What was I thinking?

And you with little or NO appreciation for work

What should I appreciate? The last year that I've been without the jumpsuit, or your lack of professionalism & complete disregard for customer service? Maybe the fact that after TWO tries, you still can't get it right?

You yourselves told me it was your mistake.

Is it too hard to return an email?

Wants this AND an extra $25.00

Wanting a refund of ALL the money that I wasted on your (yet to be delivered) Jumpsuit. That's out of line?

As I said before, ALL the mistakes made here (except for me buying from you in the first place) have been on your end.

GROW UP and learn some RESPECT

Grow up? Why? Because I had to resort to flooding your inbox in order to get a response from you?

And Respect? Respect what? A Child molester who can't run a decent sweatshop? I hardly think so.

For those that do things for you!

What have you done for me besides take my money?

AND, you act as if you are my buddy & are doing me a favor. You are a business!

You are supposed to deliver the products that someone purchases from you in a timely manner. That's what a business is.

Your costume was already sent back to you

Really? When? What's the tracking number? how was it shipped?

When were you planning on telling me? Did I not contact you relentlessly asking for an update? Again, is it too difficult to return an email?

And you can go play Boba Fett now!

I'd be more than happy to. However, I STILL DON'T HAVE A JUMPSUIT.

Also, you probably shouldn't berate the hobby that keeps you in business.

I will let everyone that I know about your business practice & you're lack of respect for them”

Just a warning about them, not only can they not get an order right but they get ****** when you mess around with them for a year to get it right. I’m not saying to boycott or not to buy any thing from these guys but it’s “at your own risk” needless to say. I encourage you all to let others know of this, matter of fact you would be doing them a favor if you did. But if you have had problems with them please do post here, and if you have had good results from them please do post here. Doubt there will be to many of you guy thou. You have been warned.

Im not trying to start any trouble here but I think this has gone far enough. Think it's time people knew about this yahoo. It also looks like he has a side job at www.darksideden.com as well. That's a very nice TK-409 pic in the F.A.Q. section. Notice that they use the same pic's as SFP and have the same shipping price. UUMMMMMMM, sure is kind of funny.

you mean star fortress is a conjob, set up by this shifty dude?

aw man, i was hoping to save up and get a whole lot of stuff from this guy(that is, if the pix of the products were of the actual thing)

now where am i gong to get clone armor, some vadersuit upgrades, tie helm and armor,and some other things :(

it seems to me that every sw costume parts vendor is either a conjob(see: his truly^), or never lives long enough to provide quality parts for anyone(due to being eaten alive by lucasfilm copyrights lawers)

(*shouts to george lucas from in the distance* hey lucas, loosen up abit, ever hear of a thing as 'being laid back', how about the fact that theres plenty of honest and upstanding costume/prop makers out there, all they need is the licensce to make it......)

you mean star fortress is a conjob, set up by this shifty dude?

aw man, i was hoping to save up and get a whole lot of stuff from this guy(that is, if the pix of the products were of the actual thing)

now where am i gong to get clone armor, some vadersuit upgrades, tie helm and armor,and some other things :(

it seems to me that every sw costume parts vendor is either a conjob(see: his truly^), or never lives long enough to provide quality parts for anyone(due to being eaten alive by lucasfilm copyrights lawers)

(*shouts to george lucas from in the distance* hey lucas, loosen up abit, ever hear of a thing as 'being laid back', how about the fact that theres plenty of honest and upstanding costume/prop makers out there, all they need is the licensce to make it......)

Well for Clone stuff go to http://www.clonetroopers.net

Tie, think this is it http://www.tiepilot.org

Over all just look around, youll fidn the stuff if you ask. Just dont buy from that Yahoo.[/url]

• 4 weeks later...

NOW I READ ABOUT THIS... I was in a hurry to finish up an imperial officer costume last year for my girlfriend and ordered a black officer's hat from this guy.

I have to say that I am less than impressed with the craftmanship. It's floppy , unproportionate, and of a cheap material.

I had to use thin cardboard to shore up the front so that it doesn't look like a beanie witha greeblie stuck into the front of it.

Now I find out that it has pedophile vibes on it....ewwww.