my first sandy helmet paintjob.

mrbungle

hello this is my first TD paintjob for my sandy. the bucket is a te. i hope to have te2 armor early this summer. i hope to be in the MEPD someday to lay the smackdown on all those who oppose the empire.

here goes....

everthing painted by me except the tube strips. pics never do anything justice. tell me what you think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The paint job on the vents and frown looks great to me. I would say the weathering is a good first approach. I would try to make it look a little more sandy and a little less paint. A bit more like how the dome looks. But its starting to look good.

Weathering is a tricky thing. And sometimes it will take many attempts. But its just an opinion, as has been said before weathering is a personal thing. Maybe check out Mike's weathering tutorial, its great.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4239

Hope it helps...

Saludos.

The airbrush tends to give a fake look in my opinion. TD1536 has a nice weathering tutorial using hairspray and fullers earth on youtube. Search for clonetrooper weathering. Even if you dont use the method, it's good knowledge base.

are there 10 holes on your frown?

Both 8 and 10 are ok..

When you check this picture you can see 6, 8 and 10 holes.

Posted Image

@ mr .bungle... I must say that it is looking ok, but maybe try experimenting with more colours as well..

:salute:

Yeah experiment is one of the best teacher! Btw some spots tend to more like rusts spot,maybe you want to re-do that a bit.

Do the 'thousands taps' move :P

thanks for the input guys. my td is a slow process, i am current building my fett and sculpting and building a kashyyyk scout(barc). once i have both of those done , it will be full steam ahead on my td.

just waiting on tony to do another armor run. and i am looking for a pack ,i am really dreading trying to build one.

the holes in the frown are good news , i thought i screwed up.

also i agree the spots on the back look like rust or ****** stains instead of dirt. LOL.

but i am going to do some more on this to get it right. i will post once i get the helmet done.

thanks for all the help.

tom