Weathering my TE2 bucket...

iconoclasta_88

So I finally finished my bucket and just yesterday I found the courage to weather it.

I did it following Mike's tutorial video and tried my best. Used acrylic paint (black, yellow, brown), and some artificial sand for miniatures with hair spray.

Here are the results.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am still not 100% convinced on the yellow. I think it is too much. I guess I will try and remove a bit of the yellow "sand" and maybe use just a bit of brownish or tan artificial "sand". Other than that, I think I am happy with the colors and texture.

And although my armor is more blackish-grey than yellow-brown, I am planning to redo my armors weathering. I like the less is more approach, but I think I went a bit to far with the bucket. Maybe Ill try to remove a bit of color, or just waith till it wears down naturally.

What do you think?

Here is a picture or my armor, so your opinion on what to do to make the match (either on the bucket or on the armor) are more than welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks a lot for all your help! And specially thanks to Mike for that great tutorial...

Saludos

I like it, has character for sure! :) the helmet looks nice.

Cool picture bro... B) ! That's just a great TD on that pic. though :duim::td: !

Grtz RAY

Thanks a lot for your comments! Its been a long process but Im very happy with the results... I must say that all the help from everyone here has been very very useful. Otherwise I know it would not have come out like this.

Thanks for all the comments, ideas and support.

Saludos

Looking nice!! You did a great job on the assembly and the weathering is coming along. You will probably weather it a few times before you are completely happy with it. Dont stress though it looks awesome.

You did put the tube stripes on the opposite sides they go on though... PM me your addy and I will send you another pair. When I created the tube stripes for the sandies I put them on the sheet wrong and there are a few people that are getting them on wrong. I am an idiot. I will take care of you bro! SORRY.

Mike

I think you did a great job on both the build and the weathering! I like it as it is.

Thanks a lot bro! Having this comments is very encouraging. :D

Looking nice!! You did a great job on the assembly and the weathering is coming along. You will probably weather it a few times before you are completely happy with it. Dont stress though it looks awesome.

You did put the tube stripes on the opposite sides they go on though... PM me your addy and I will send you another pair. When I created the tube stripes for the sandies I put them on the sheet wrong and there are a few people that are getting them on wrong. I am an idiot. I will take care of you bro! SORRY.

Mike

Thanks a lot Mike! The assembly was yours anyway. I just painted it and added the extras! Thanks a lot for that...

Did I put the stripes wrong? LOL... I thought I counted several times how many the original prop had on each side to put them on...

Anyway, Ill pm you in a minute...

Thanks a lot for everything.

Saludos...

• 2 weeks later...

Love the weathering! Now the fun part is making your armor match the bucket!

THX a lot bro...

I have been having nightmares about the bucket not matching the armor... LOL... I let everyone know how it goes... Ill start working on it in a few weeks anyway.

Saludos..

I like the job you did there hermano..

Just enough to get that authentic TD look. :)

Muchas gracias mi hermano! ;)

Thx a lot. I wanted to make a TD with just enough weathering to look like the movie. So hearing this is great!

Saludos!