The G, I did something real stupid now I have a scar thread

While moving my x-box 360 5 mins ago bare footed I kicked the stove by accident and ripped my pinky toe nail off.

Well its still hanging by a flap of skin but

let me tell you chicks do not dig these kind of scars!

Just wanted to share...

While moving my x-box 360 5 mins ago bare footed I kicked the stove by accident and ripped my pinky toe nail off.

Well its still hanging by a flap of skin but

let me tell you chicks do not dig these kind of scars!

Just wanted to share...

lol

oh man, i have broken 2 fingers, dislocated one...

and once dropped a 25lbs weight on my big toe nail and literally broke it in 1/2 while bare footed in super cold weather

while not as embarrassing as putting a 4 inch gash on my head on my last visit to Australia on an industrial strength ceiling fan.

That required quite a few stitches. Man I could talk for hours about all this sort of stuff, including that march we did

in the Mother Goose Parade with the back of my calf armor stabbing me all the way and developed 2 blisters along the way

that was fun wasn't it??

well ya all remember the time ya mother says "Dont cut back towards yaself"

well.....most recent injury to my right thumb was juuuust slicing a very small peice of thigh armour, with mums message flashing in my brain,,,thinkin "well its only a teeny weeny bit...

After 41 years ya think i learnt anything....obviously not..:blink:

...suffice to say...LISTEN TO YA MUM !!!

one slip,,,one inch long slice into the juicy bit of my thumb with one new un used sharp blade=no pain...

it does however mean Niagra Falls out the end of my thumb...oh and not to forget the Ambulance trip to the Hospital for 6 stitches

Ambulance= overkill....yes...but i did it at work so they paid...quite funny really as the Hospital was only a block and a half from work,,,in fact i could see the place from where i did me thumb :blink::lol::blink:

That is freakin awful!!! did the same razor blade boogie a lil' over a week ago! Screw the ambulance, I super glued my thumb and kept on truckin'! Mine wasn't so bad since the thumbnail slowed the blade down! :lol: It's all in my backpack tutorial here:

http://diyprops.forumotion.com/td-backpack...age-t143-45.htm

That is freakin awful!!! did the same razor blade boogie a lil' over a week ago! Screw the ambulance, I super glued my thumb and kept on truckin'! Mine wasn't so bad since the thumbnail slowed the blade down! :lol: It's all in my backpack tutorial here:

http://diyprops.forumotion.com/td-backpack...age-t143-45.htm

oooooo I did that with a Leatherman in the Carabian a few years ago.

I ended up just taping the S#@t out of it because the ER in Trinidad had free range chickens in the waiting room.... -pause- yes live chickens in the waiting room.

one thing about traveling around the world will teach you is NEVER GET HURT outside of the USA

'cuz it can get intersting I tell you

IM SO NOT READING THIS THREAD ANYMORE! im going to barf. and yes im a firefighter. :blink:

come on dude, I had a chance to work the the Compton FD last fall and had a small sample of what fire fighters have to deal with and man I salute you guys!!

oh and I going to cut myself for fun next time we troop!!

LOL

• 1 year later...

lol wen i was 4 my ankle got skewered on my dads bicycle spoke and it churned a lode of flesh out i have a big old scar i will post a pik of it

AWWWWWW!! I was fine with this thread until pictures started accompanying the stories.

Drilling through a small (maybe 1.5") fencepost one summer, I was using my hand on the other side to brace against the pressure of the drill. Hit a soft spot in the wood and the drill came out the other side of the wood, into my hand between the ring finger and pinky, and out the other side. It happened so fast that all I could do was stop the drill and look at what I had done.

So now I am standing there, looking at this drillbit protruding from the back of my hand but I can't go anywhere because the other end of it is in the drill, which is through the other side of the wood.

I realized I had to get the drill out (of both my hand and the wood) so without thinking I did what I normally do to get a stuck drill out: I squeezed the trigger and pulled. That was probably my 3rd or 4th mistake thus far into it.

Hand parts went spewing from the spinning drill bit as it came out of the wood. I would say some skin, hand meat, and other parts I didn't want to take the time to identify.

I left the drill on my porch and ran inside to clean and dress the wound, trailing BIG blood drops the whole way. It took about an hour before I came back outside to assess the situation.

Picture this: mid-July in Myrtle Beach. HOT! Maybe high 90's approaching 100 in the direct sun. You know how drill bits sometimes fill up with wood in the grooves? (it was a big hole I was drilling. 3/4") Well I can tell you that meat and skin do the same thing. And being in the hot sun for an hour actually cooked the fleshy parts inside the drillbit, so when I pulled them out of the drillbit grooves it was like Greg Jerky.

Now THAT was a dumb scar!

In the garage not to long back I was trimming an AT-AT helmet with a stanley knife. I was doing it properly with the blade going away from the body. However my pressure on the knife was to much and it went straight through the plastic and into the tip of my left fore finger. When I tell you that the tip was hanging off, I mean HANGING OFF! It was half way through my finger nail. Mangaged to keep the tip and I'm only just starting to get some feeling back!

It's a dangerous hobby this trooper stuff! :D

Smally.