Pack Parts List?

SandtrooperScout

Hey guys. I've been out of the sandbox for nearly 2 years now and a lot has changed since then. I'm gearing up this year to redo my TD and pass on my current one to the wife. I've currently got one of the packs TD8733 made back in early '07. I will be passing that on as well, and want to make a new one.

So I was wondering....since so many of the pack parts now seem to be id'd or replicated, if anyone has made a list of the parts needed and where or who to go to get them? A "Master List" so to speak could go a long way towards helping the future new TD's find their way, and believe me, having been gone so long, I really feel like a noob again!

Thanks, troopers!

...since so many of the pack parts now seem to be id'd or replicated, if anyone has made a list of the parts needed and where or who to go to get them? A "Master List" so to speak could go a long way towards helping the future new TD's find their way, and believe me, having been gone so long, I really feel like a noob again!

Thanks, troopers!

Welcome back to the sandbox!

I've been offering a full kit using molds sculpted by Mike, Seth, and myself. It's got almost everything you need except for the backpack frame. I'll be working up a mold for the radar dish / Tupperware pitcher lid. Here's a photo of the parts offered in the kit:

Posted Image

Here's a boatload of more photos

http://tk386.com/tk1336_backpack_kit

Here's the parts that go into a backpack:

Vintage Boy Scout aluminum backpack frame - slightly modified

Main boxes - we believe these were seed trays for plants

Cistern pump - originally manufactured in England back in the 70's, but has not been found yet

Mushroom cap with bottle

Exhaust port - plastic box housing, CPVC tube, and hose clamp

Upper toolbox - random medium sized box

Mortar control panel and end caps - probably just a shipping tube

- The radar dish is from a Tupperware pitcher lid

Sonix 75 Radio - Finally identified and in the process of being reproduced by a couple of members on the board

Shotgun shells - We don't know if they really are shotgun shells, but the size is very close

Stinger - I provide a plastic mounting bracket, faucet cover, nipple, and tube

TD-252 has built up several of these packs and they look fantastic! Now with the radio being identified we can make the packs even more accurate!

However, there are still several components to be positively identified. I think it is very unlikely that will happen since most of the pack was made from random bits and pieces laying around the prop makers studio. But don't let me hold you back from going on a quest to discover the real origin of the mushroom caps, or ID the bottles that go underneath :)

Charlie

I thought the real mushroom caps were the tupperware dessert/parfait cups with the base removed? My mom had some of those when I was a kid (****...my mom WAS a tupperware lady! LOL) and I distinctly remember how the bases just snap on and off. After looking at all the photos I can find, I'm inclined to think that those are what was used. I have a set coming in off ebay and should be here any day now.