Paint color for frown

Daetrin

Hobby stores might have it. It is an english paint and is hard to find in many stores and I only know of one big one in california that has it on hand. Best thing to do it to order it online, its rather cheap.

The easiest and 99% exact match to the FX decals is the Rustolem Professional "Dark Machine Grey" found at Home Depot or Lowes. It used to be the Rostolem Hardhat dark grey and was the one suggested to be used in the AFX Armor building directions.

If anyone needs any of the Humbrol paints, let me know - they are pretty easy to get round here and nice and light so shipping to the US would be minimal.

I used Humbrol #5 (seems to be known as AD Grey over here) and it looks great.

Quick tip for easy colour accurate decals - just paint the decals whilst they are on the sheet. The paint doesn't adhere to the shiny backing sheet, they just need a little tidying up with a blade and hey presto, very tidy colour accurate decals. All that said, I still think frowns should be hand painted.

G

• 3 months later...