ANH handplate attempt

Pappy

Heres what me and a friend gonna do,for my future handplate if it works

We're going to sculpt the hand plates and make the mold from clay(i wonder if it would hold together)....handplates would be flat,but not too roughly cut

but still confused what we're going for the material: silicone(red colored),or latex :unsure: but both are flexible

will make both with each materials though,let it cure,then screen caps :D again

But(again :P )........from those screen caps the handplates thickness is differ one and another :wacko:

And latex's paint is too clean is it?.........no? :unsure:

my friend havent told me yet,on how he will do it,this is all i know about mold making

wish me luck :mellow:

There are at least two new latex hand plate vendors that showed up on FISD recently who did what you're trying to do. Painting seems to have been the biggest issue. R2Dan for sure - the other name escapes me in my pre-coffee mind. You can read his thread and see his experience.

Always great to see more people do them :)

Thanks a lot officers,that gives energy!! :lol:

If possible i want to do 3 types,which is need another consulting and brainstorming with my friend

1. ANH sandtrooper

2. TK hero

3. TK stunt

There are differences on surfaces,thickness,and cut. Im not sure about No.2 & 3,but i will make sandtrooper ver, for sure(if its possible),that are a little thinner than TK's

Wish me luck,and this is a 'learning while doing' project,but i hope dont took a long time to do,and will provide pics along the way :)

Right now,im gonna whip my friend first.....he still cant believe his eyes of what the handplates made of <_< and searching the SE HD disc(EEEEeeeeeEEKkkkk :blink: ) for screen grabs.................well,just will pause it :lol:

These are very easy to make pappy. The sculpting is going to be the hardest part of the project, but once you are happy with your sculpts, just make a plaster mould and fill it with latex once it's cured. The latex does shrink a bit as I found out when I made some latex hand plates, so it might be worth making the sculpts just that little bit bigger than what you want to end up with (about 5% shrinkage).

Good luck with the project!

Wow!! thanks for sharing that TM :lol:

@Grote broer :D ,i dont know bro,as i havent knew how to tackle that,but it reminds me of somekind of an aquarium filter :blink: I think im focusing on sandtroopers 'standard' handplate for now broer but with several(maybe 2) kind of thickness: 8mm and 5mm :)

I dont know,still learn broer,hope i can get there

Wow!! thanks for sharing that TM :lol:

@Grote broer :D ,i dont know bro,as i havent knew how to tackle that,but it reminds me of somekind of an aquarium filter :blink: I think im focusing on sandtroopers 'standard' handplate for now broer but with several(maybe 2) kind of thickness: 8mm and 5mm :)

I dont know,still learn broer,hope i can get there

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your project broertje! B)

Just finished the 'drawing' :P ,and the sculpt is on progress now.....will make 2 prototype from different material same sculpt and thickness(5mm),red silicone rubber and latex,now i cant wait B)

After this i'll make some slight adjustment on the thickness,5mm on the wrist side and 8mm on the front :P

Thanks Ray,im sorry i cant provide which screen caps i used,because i just paused the movie :P to show my friend,but i make sure that he will documenting his progress though.