Identifying Sandtrooper Armor

Art Andrews

Simply put, an impossible task. There are so many changes, not only from scene to scene but even from shot to shot that it is almost impossible to keep up with.

For instance, in the roadblock scene, we see a trooper (who i will call trooper #3) in a black pauldron with an E-11 and Pack #4. Less than two seconds later he magically becomes the "Move Along trooper with an orange pauldron and Pack #3. Sigh... I am still working on this but it is very tedious due to the lack of continuity.

Posted Image

Maybe they open up the chest/back piece for a while? changing a scene takes a loooooooooooooooong time,especially in a movie like this

and then switched when it comes to 'ready for another take',i've seen the behind the scene where all those helmets just lying on a rock bed,and not personally 'kept' by the actor/stunt related

are you going to identify it just like those packs? i know what part that wouldnt change from each actor/stunt.....the thigh! :lol:

Man, That's going to be a hard one Art...

Maybe they used the same trooper for the close up aka move along scene with another helmet and pauldron. But still it's only speculating and guessing.

The thing Pappy mentioned could also be a possibility that they took the topside of the armor off and just grabbed what was at hand when to shoot the next scene. :unsure:

The thing Pappy mentioned could also be a possibility that they took the topside of the armor off and just grabbed what was at hand when to shoot the next scene. :unsure:

The body armour does not come off in peices, it is one whole unit. The best the actors could do is slip off the arms. I've noticed the 'move along' trooper has tape on his shoulder bell with no swoop, then in a photo I see he has a bell with a swoop :wacko:

Yes TM,i meant the whole chest/back-ab/cod-kidney/butt piece,and wears only the thigh

Or maybe they put it in a whole different method(not entirely) unlike the stormtroopers for straping,because they must carry a back pack :blush:

It is certainly possible they completely unsuited, but I think it is more likely that they just set the helmets, packs, and possibly pauldrons aside and left the armor on. The way I am doing this right now, is not exactly like I did the backpacks, but more of a scene by scene review of what armor is where in the scene. At this point, I am not trying to ID helmets, just armor.

Simply put, an impossible task. There are so many changes, not only from scene to scene but even from shot to shot that it is almost impossible to keep up with.

For instance, in the roadblock scene, we see a trooper (who i will call trooper #3) in a black pauldron with an E-11 and Pack #4. Less than two seconds later he magically becomes the "Move Along trooper with an orange pauldron and Pack #3. Sigh... I am still working on this but it is very tedious due to the lack of continuity.

Posted Image

Isn't he ( #3 )also the one sitting on the dewback ?! As looking at his weathering !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grtz RAY

Another nice detective work from Mr. BB, love it :) .

Here Mr. Move a long, having a cold drink before the shot.

Posted Image

Maybe contact him, he should be a A+ guy.

Born in the UK, but moved to LA.

All i remember, is that he was sun burned.

But he got taken for the scene, and he talk about the suit was assembled a bit too small for him.

So they make a few changes, so it fit him (maybe thats the chest story).

I read it on he´s page once, but now i can´t find it again (maybe i´m just tired).

Here you go:

http://www.anthonyforrest.com/index.php

Another nice detective work from Mr. BB, love it :) .

Here Mr. Move a long, having a cold drink before the shot.

Posted Image

Maybe contact him, he should be a A+ guy.

Born in the UK, but moved to LA.

All i remember, is that he was sun burned.

But he got taken for the scene, and he talk about the suit was assembled a bit too small for him.

So they make a few changes, so it fit him (maybe thats the chest story).

I read it on he´s page once, but now i can´t find it again (maybe i´m just tired).

Here you go:

http://www.anthonyforrest.com/index.php

arh anthony forrest i met him earlyer this year with some other guys i troop with some on here

Posted Image

in the roadblock scene, we see a trooper (who i will call trooper #3) in a black pauldron with an E-11 and Pack #4. Less than two seconds later he magically becomes the "Move Along trooper with an orange pauldron and Pack #3.

Posted Image

Art,

one thing that this shot does prove...

The Ammo pouches are attached to the backpacks like you said.

It's the same armor, but the ammo pouches are different.

why?

the packs have changed.

Art,

one thing that this shot does prove...

The Ammo pouches are attached to the backpacks like you said.

It's the same armor, but the ammo pouches are different.

why?

the packs have changed.

Yup, yup. You can see that the canvas pouch never leaves Pack #3... even though Pack #3 gets passed around between a number of troopers! I didn't think about my comparison proving that point, but you are right, it sure does!