Weathing my armor (Opinions welcome)

TAKE 2!

***Okay updated pictures as of today 12/27****

Okay let me start by saying that trying to get this just the way I like it has given me OCD!!

Opinions welcome :)

What do you guys think?

Should I let the paint on the middle paint wear away on its own?

*edit I noticed some white touch up paint on the mesh and have completely replaced it so its all nice and black now

It was a bit of a pain the the #@@ becasue I had to remove the fans and then re-glue them back :huh:

1st try

Posted Image

2nd try

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to try this:

1. Water down a mixture of a few earth tones

2. Apply with paintbush covering armor piece completely. heavier on the edges

3. let it sit about 15-30 seconds then.

4. crumple up a paper towel and take off the paint by dabbing and smearing off till you get a weathering you like.

Thats what I did with my armor. Comes out pretty even and makes it really look like your entire armor had been through sandstorms.

Looks cool bro ! Man....if you ever go for another armor...you should go for a DV :blink: ! Or is the TX a very small person :) !?

Keep up the good work bro. Also maybe you can glue one side of your parts( biceps, underarm etc )..as i can see on the pics the velcro is weaking off !

Grtz RAY

Thanks Eddie I was thinking of doing that.

I have been slowly adding diffrent tones after each one drys to give it a more realistic look.

If you click on the pictures to make them bigger you can see a little more detailed work I have dont on the chest and abs

and The TX is a super cool guy and I think he is around 5'5 ish and I am 6'2 and change.

But a Vader would be a dream project once I get this whole buying a house out of the way.

Oh and you see the Velcro because i had to change in a parking lot with no mirror

normally if i have a mirror i can make it look allot neater.

my arms are too big to fit if i glued them

Thanks for the input guys its always great to hear what you guys think

PS Eddie you and Ben would have liked this parade a **** of allot more then the MG

both of you guys were missed