My pouch weathering

I recently purchased a set of pouches from www.sandtrooper.org and I really like them. They're heavy leather and of nice construction (the Imperial cog on the back is a nice touch to me). If you go to the website you can see what they looked like when they arrived at my doorstep last week. However, I got to looking at iconoclasta_88's wonderful job on his pouches and it inspired me to do the same (shiny new pouches on weathered armor would just kind of ruin the impression I think). Anyway, here are the results. Basically, I soaked them for a while in hot water the same as iconoclasta_88 recommends and worked the heck out of them last night. I got home from work today and they were still a little damp but they had taken on a slightly different sheen. I then took them outside and kicked them all around the blacktop and scuffed 'em up quite a bit. Then I took the still slightly damp and scratched and scuffed leather out in the back yard and ground them down into the sand with my foot. I knocked the loose dirt off and here we have the results:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just want to say thanks to iconoclasta_88 for the great idea! I skipped his painting step though. :duim::td:

Those look great dude. The only suggestion I might have is to cut wooden blocks to slide into the pockets. Soak the pouches in warm water then slide the block into the pockets. They should fit snuggly. Let the pouches dry. Pull the blocks out and the pouches should hold the form of the blocks like real MP40 pouches.

Just a thought.

Posted Image

Those look great dude. The only suggestion I might have is to cut wooden blocks to slide into the pockets. Soak the pouches in warm water then slide the block into the pockets. They should fit snuggly. Let the pouches dry. Pull the blocks out and the pouches should hold the form of the blocks like real MP40 pouches.

Just a thought.

Posted Image

Yep...I'm gonna be looking for blocks tomorrow to do that with. If I can't find any...it ain't the end of the world to me. I do want to find something to fill in the space though...sorta like a liner in some duty carry magazine pouches. Just gotta find the right size square tubing.

Thanks for the cool words Lordvader74, Im happy to be of any help.

Your pouches came out great. I think the wood blocks will give a big extra to the pouches. I will do something similar myself.

Are you planning to mod your 3+1 pocket pouch to make it more screen accurate? I mean, cutting off the big leather loop for the belt?

Saludos

Thanks for the cool words Lordvader74, Im happy to be of any help.

Your pouches came out great. I think the wood blocks will give a big extra to the pouches. I will do something similar myself.

Are you planning to mod your 3+1 pocket pouch to make it more screen accurate? I mean, cutting off the big leather loop for the belt?

Saludos

Nah...I've "modded" it as far as I'm going to other than the wood blocks. I like the big loop. I figure it'll be easy to hang on my belt. The kids and fans I'll be trooping for couldn't give two hoots if it is an actual Stolla Wein pouch or anything like that. They just know I'm a sandtrooper. :D