ANH Latex Handguards / Gloves AGAIN

Stormtrooper

Hi everyone.

As some of you may know I made some latex ANH Stormtrooper handguards and authentic gloves, a few months back. A lot of people asked me if I was going to produce them again and the answer had always been "no".... until now :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you'd like to know more, check out the For Sale section, or mail me at troopergloves@yahoo.com

First come, first served ;)

Cheers,

John

troopergloves@yahoo.com

Very nice John :duim:

Why would you guys want these hand guards without the gloves? If you are going to the trouble of having accurate latex hand guards then surely you would want the accurate rubber gloves too?

Already got the gloves TM B)

but I'm only missing the handguards..at least the latex ones.

Bezerkus - good eye.... I went through many, many screengrabs and watched ANH in High Definition before seeing the shot you posted, which shows the colour of the natural, cured latex underneath the paint.

Another good scene is right at the start of the movie, where Vader is advancing towards trhe camera, and the troopers (holding their blasters high up) can be seen behind him, with various scrapes and scratches in the handguards' paint.... showing the brown-honey colour underneath.

When I first started on a prototype for these I tried polyurethane rubber (which was too stiff and didn't capture enough surface detail from the mould) and even a 'sandwich construction' of a latex skin in the mould, which I let cure and then filled the void with polyurethane rubber.... the 2 substances bonded well together but again the handguards were too rigid, and the latex didn't cure properly (remained liquid in places for several weeks! :blink: )

So good ole' latex seems to be what they used back in '76 and for that reason, that's what I'm using now...

The cost of the actual gloves is so little, that buying the handguards *without* them makes very little difference to the price. So even if you do have a set of accurate gloves already, there's little incentive to buy the handguards on their own. For pricing info please see my thread in the For Sale section.

Hey RocKo... thanks for the comments and the excellent screengrab comparrisons that you did. I'm really glad that you were happy with your set from the first run!

Cheers,

John

troopergloves@yahoo.com