Almost ready

ED209

Had to put this on the backburner for a bit, but I'd like to have it ready for Halloween. All I gotta' do now is separate the ab and butt plate then add the elastic, and then set up the belt/thigh connectors. A little more sizing too and I should be ready to go (for Halloween at least...not planning on using a BFG or a backpack).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm thinking of rubbing a newspaper on it to add a little more grime to the body parts. What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, THAT was a short lived Halloween. I don't know how you guys troop in these things. The minute I put the helmet on, the lenses fogged up and I couldn't see squat (Note to Self: Install fans). After that, the pauldron kept curling up, so I took it off (Note to Self: Velcro pauldron down). Then, the velcro on the cod piece started detaching (Note to Self: Sew the velcro onto the elastic). Followed by the thigh pieces drooping (Note to Self: Trim the thigh pieces). Lastly, the adhesive on the velcro inside the left shoulder bell detached, as well as on the butt plate. AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Too many wardrobe malfunctions left me standing at the edge of the patio to limit my movement. After a little while, I just took most of it off.

Back to the drawing board.

Posted Image

At least I got some pics with some hot chicks though. :)

Well, THAT was a short lived Halloween. I don't know how you guys troop in these things. The minute I put the helmet on, the lenses fogged up and I couldn't see squat (Note to Self: Install fans). After that, the pauldron kept curling up, so I took it off (Note to Self: Velcro pauldron down). Then, the velcro on the cod piece started detaching (Note to Self: Sew the velcro onto the elastic). Followed by the thigh pieces drooping (Note to Self: Trim the thigh pieces). Lastly, the adhesive on the velcro inside the left shoulder bell detached, as well as on the butt plate. AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Too many wardrobe malfunctions left me standing at the edge of the patio to limit my movement. After a little while, I just took most of it off.

Back to the drawing board.

Posted Image

At least I got some pics with some hot chicks though. :)

First Troops always lets you know what you need to change or modify on your armor.

Its normal that these things happen B) ( Had the same here ) But thats the way of costuming, upgrading, upgrading, upgrading,,,, ;)

Great weathering though and a great picture with the girls! B)

Yes, it can take several troops to get a suit dialed in. Funny I never really have fogging issues even w/o fans - must have been very hot in there. For the rest: snap mods. Anything with a strap should either be glued directly or done via snap mod. Make the straps a little on the long side and keep taking them in until right. Snaps take a little while to get right, but once set they last forever (did the 5 mile Rose Parade in mine w/o any issues).

• 2 weeks later...