Soon to be a trooper.

RemoLocke

Hi,

My names Mike and I have a couple costumes right now (Rocketeer & custom Mandalorian), but I want to be a sandtrooper and join the 501st(and hopefully the MEPD)

I'm in the market for armor and am stuck between the 3 I've heard of. Can anyone give me their opinions of TE,ANH and AFX. I'm 5'8" with a pretty good sized melon so helmet size may be an issue. For those of you've who have Mando buckets you can compare best. I can wear a MLC(BIG helmet), Mystery, and a DP Deluxe. I have a DP95 that I can't fit in at all. Any help you can offer will be appreciated. There's a nice looking set(to my untrained eyes) on ebay right now, but since the seller is 6' tall I'd have to do some cutting and I'm not the best at prop/costume building.

Hi Mike,

And welcome. You are a good size to wear GF, TE, or Gino armor. Many don't wish to dirty up such a perfect set of armor though. You might just want to stick with FX armor for trooping. Of course I'd ask around more and compare how much you are willing to pay.

I am doing the MDK pack and I was forwarded an email from you looking into getting your Sandy together. I'll add you to the interest thread for the MDK.

you can also visit www.sci-fire.com and click on the MDK Pack link to see more progress.

Andrew

I think the prob most people have w/ the TE/GF type helmets is actually the flashing around the bottom, not necessarily the overall interior size. It is definately bigger than the DP fett helmets inside, though you may have to trim the undercut down to fit your head in.

The TE suit and helmet are the best and most acurate armor out there. I am in the process of building my TE suit and it requires alot of work in triming and painting, but I am also being very anal about the details.

Each of the different suits out there good it just becomes an issue of how much time, effort and skill level you are comfortable with. Good luck with wich ever armor you get!

Welcome Mike,

I must agree with abntroop. At 5' 6" I looked like a walking "bobble-head". However, I was really happy with my FX armor until I saw the TE armor on TK-409's website!

I got my TE armor just in time for the premiere of EPIII and I absolutely LOVE IT! And like CMANavy, I AM anal about details and having the TE armor is the next best thing to owning the real deal.

Welcome to the best **** job & the best **** website in the galaxy!

Guns

Posted Image

I assume that's the armor you're wearing in the pic? if so God **** that armor is sexy! at 5+ years of heavy troopin, my set of FX has about had it, and sits on the mannequin most of the time, it's definitely time for new and upgraded!

Welcome Mike,

I must agree with abntroop. At 5' 6" I looked like a walking "bobble-head". However, I was really happy with my FX armor until I saw the TE armor on TK-409's website!

I got my TE armor just in time for the premiere of EPIII and I absolutely LOVE IT! And like CMANavy, I AM anal about details and having the TE armor is the next best thing to owning the real deal.

Guns

Your armor looks great! Mine is comming along but I stand at 6'3" and I am getting concerned about the gaps in the armor and to boot I have still need to cut about 20 pounds to make it look good and then it will look great except my shoulder are broad and will spread things out a little.

Thanks for all the help guys. I didn't even know about TE until the other day, so I'm going to try and get ahold of that. Other stormies that I've talked to have said the same about it. I have been picking up pieces here and there for my outfit. Now I just need the main piece

Welcome Mike,

Guns

Posted Image

Where'd you get those sweet ammo pouches?

Armor is looking good Guns.

For RemoLocke,

How many sources have you contacted? I've seen several offers on eBay recently. Are you only looking for an helmet? At 5'8" I don't think an FX would be a bad choice. If you're interested in an entire set of armor please PM me.

For abntroop,

Yes my brother, it is TE armor! You can't see it in the picture but I'm wearing the Marmit-style backpack too. I don't know about "sexy" but I do LOVE IT. It is definitely worth the $$$$. Some troopers prefer the "feel" of the thicker ABS. Yes the TE armor IS thinner however, its done a great job for me so far. It's lighter too. For the midnight premiere of EPIII I had it on for about 4 hours with backpack! I wore it again for about 4 hours during a recent trooping event at the "Taste of Honolulu" a benefit for Easter Seals. And best of all "no bobble-head".

For slave1pilot,

Nathan, you da man! I noticed another run. Thanks again for getting those "precious" ammo pouches to your brothers-in-dirt. Hey Mike, touch base with slave1pilot. He'll get you hooked up with the pouches you'll need.

For CMANavy,

Thanks for your kind words. I don't think the wide shoulders will be a problem. You'll have your pauldron on the right-side and IF you plan to wear a backpack, you'll have your ammo pouch on the left-side to draw attention from the "black gap" because as you've probably noticed the TE shoulder bells are very different from the FX ones.

Take care gang. Aloha & God bless.

Guns

Can anyone post pics/send them to me so I can compare TE, ANH and FX. I know I can get ahold of FX and ANH almost for sure, and TE I'm trying to get in touch with.

Is there any difference in the kits, is one harder/easier than the others.

Thanks.

The TE kit is made from Styrene (sp?) and not ABS and is a flat white color. Styrene also will yellow with age so painting it a gloss white really sets it off and it looks great.

The paint recomended is Rustoleaum Gloss White, Profesional grade spray paint SKU# 7259 (all this information is on TK1536's webpage btw).

I just started painting some of my armor today and the paint looks fantastic, geives it a better feel and looks 100% like the real thing. I painted my helmet today and I will post some pics of it in a few days after I paint on teh frown and other greay areas.