Hard Shell Pauldron Customs

TK8034

• 1 year later...

At first I didn't like them because...we'll they weren't canon. But people have brought up a lot of valid points on that topic.

I think it's a great idea to stretch the design of the TK/TD to see what it could have become years later, or might be on different systems. All military units update their hardware over the years.

I'll second that "where can we get these" post, I think it would add a new dimension to the TD suit and would make a great addition to events where we don't need to be canon, like the other stuff we put on on suits.

Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

although, even through the movies, the word and concept of "canon" are flexible. maybe not enough to cover those pauldrons, but still, theres alot of loopholes.

True enough. For instance, if you wanted to wear your shin pieces on the opposite shins then, technically, that would be canon (a confused extra put them on that way in ESB), or if you wanted to omit the blue stripes on the sides of your helmet, or if you wanted to wak around with your shins popped open in the back that would be canon too. You could also run around with an ice cream maker and say you were a citizen of Cloud City...canon as well. Okay, I'll stop now.

can·on

Pronunciation: 'ka-n&n

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Latin, ruler, rule, model, standard, from Greek kanOn

4 a : an accepted principle or rule b : a criterion or standard of judgment c : a body of principles, rules, standards, or norms d : a strict adherence to movie-accurate details created with the sole purpose of driving costume enthusiasts to the brink of insanity