thoughts on my helmet please

steveo1976

What you all think of my lid ? I think i am finally happy with it now, i must of weathered it about five or six times now in total.. :blink:

And then i discovered fullers earth :D

I just have to get my back pack finished now then i will be sending in some clearance pictures, and hopefully joining the ranks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking

Thank you all for the comments..I am more than happy to be a very dirty trooper...I did the pictures like that as it adds depth and character to the helmet better than full front and full on side shots,

The blast mark was made by mistake, i spilled some humbrol matt black on my lid from painting the inside i went to rub it off and it made a nice effect,

Hence i made it what it is now and kept it..So just blob some matt black on your lid and smudge it with your finger..

I will get some pics of it in normal daylight, and in full armor for my clearance pics..

Thanks for the comments so far.. :D

Don't get me wrong your armor looks great, however the dirt looks like it has been placed there..if you know what i mean..It don't look random/natural to me..the armor has to look lived in.

Copy that.

The weathering is a personal touch.

Some like it dusty all over, whit no whites left.

Some like is clean down here and there, like mine.

Some dark, some light.

Its all up the the person, there do it.

And to give the armor, a personal look/history of where the trooper have been on patrol...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also start whit weathering my armor parts all over, then slowly clean down here and there.

If you look at the once in ANH, they are not all covert in dirt either.

Posted Image

And most of the helmets, was all most white too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yup the weathering of 252 is really my favorite...without any slimy sh#t :P ! I think it looks very natural ! But like 252 already said weathering is a personal thing though !

I think i'm gonna send my armor to you Rolf iv'e heard you have nothing to do so you can weather my armor..hehehe LOL :DB) !

Grtz RAY

Thanks mate them pics you posted are awesome, love the full shot of you with your back against the corner of the wall B)

I'm of to check out that link now :)

Thanks mate :) .

The site, gives a really good picture of how to do it (or at least one way to do it).

Good luck, whit the rest of the suit.

Hope to see some pictures, of the complete suit :) .

Looks good for what I can see, but I am also for the less is more aproach.

So as already mentioned, take it easy on the weathering and clean up the brow if possible. :)

As for TD-252's armour...makes me drool every time I see it.. :D