Help Me In The Fight Agains Cancer

Hippie Trooper

On October 4,2008 I will be participating in the 10th annual Florida Suncoast Race for the Cure.

In addition to participating in the Race, I am raising funds to help save lives and end breast cancer forever. Please consider making a donation and join me in the fight against breast cancer.

You can visit www.komensuncoast.kintera.org/2008race and visit my donation page where you can make a gift via your credit card. MACY'S WILL MATCH DONATIONS OF $25.00 OR MORE! Simply click "Sponsor Participant" and look me up by first and/or last name, or go to my page directly here:

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorP...supId=231347650

Thanks in advance everyone!

Later

Just two weeks to go everyone! I want to thank everyone who has shown support so far. But I am still not half-way to my goal! Every bit helps, from $1 to $100, whatever you can give! Think about this, if everyone from every board I frequent donates $1, that goal would be reached and far surpassed in one day!

Thanks again!

Later

• 2 weeks later...

ONE DAY LEFT!!! Tomorrow is the big day. I want to thanks everyone who has stepped up to support this great cause! But I have only reached HALF of my goal!

EVERY bit helps, please go to

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorP...supId=231347650

and make a donation. $1, $5, whatever! Every bit helps! Imagine if everyone donated just $1 what a difference that would make!

Again thanks to everyone who has shown support, I am honored to be running tomorrow!

Later

I want to thank everyone who donated to this great cause! I actually raised the most money out of my team! My total raised was $290 and my team raised a total of $4612!!!

The race was great, I had a blast! I ran it in aprox 28 mins. Its really hard to tell because there were way too many people at the start line, and many walkers and strollers did not place themselves in the back as they were suppossed to, so the first 5-8 minutes were spent walking, slowly, and then zig-zagging past all the walkers. I didnt actually start running until I was about 1/8 of a mile from the start line! :roll:

The surprising thing to me was how much fun I actually had! I was in the ARMY for 7 1/2 years and had to run every day. I always hated it and was never good at it. When I got out I didnt think I'd run, on purpose, ever again. So you can imagine my surprise when I actually felt good and had fun doing this! Now my wife, daughter and I want to start doing these runs on a regular basis!

Again thanks to everyone who contributed, it is because of you that I commited to getting my butt out there on the pavement and helping a great cause!

Here's some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My girls representing the 501st!

Posted Image

Later