Slavefive - Sandy Pack 1st Attempt...

slavefive

...so after my friend Wellington finished his TD I got the bug again to start on my own TD project...went ahead and started my Backpack around 2 weeks ago...waiting for parts and the constant trips to HD/Lowes was brutal :lol:

...used a Vintage BoyScout Backpack Frame as a base...kitty litter trays...and a few pieces and parts that we had lying around the shop...

...I did take one liberty with the Cistern...I attached it so it was more secure...I know the angle is slightly off canter however I do not think that it takes away from the overall pack...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

NICE PACK! Did you get the primary boxes from Target? I got some trays that look nearly identical to yours... meow.

This is my next project too. My Boy Scout frame came last week. I have the MH radio face, the two domes, Some good parts from my Paul Hoeffer retired pack, and 4 "trays" for the base.

Great work! I wonder why?

John

...so after my friend Wellington finished his TD I got the bug again to start on my own TD project...went ahead and started my Backpack around 2 weeks ago...waiting for parts and the constant trips to HD/Lowes was brutal :lol:

...used a Vintage BoyScout Backpack Frame as a base...kitty litter trays...and a few pieces and parts that we had lying around the shop...

...I did take one liberty with the Cistern...I attached it so it was more secure...I know the angle is slightly off canter however I do not think that it takes away from the overall pack...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...LoL...totally meowzers trays...I went to PetSmart got a four for $20.00 then was at Target and saw some, which I thought would be better, they were only $8.00 for all 4!!! :lol:

...Thank you again everyone...hope to get deployed fairly soon...first troop will be at LegoLand in 2 weeks...

Talk soon

Lewis :)

...Thank you again everyone...hope to get deployed fairly soon...first troop will be at LegoLand in 2 weeks...

Looking good Lewis!

So sad I'll be at trooping at Pottery Barn Kids when you roll out the TD!

Now be careful how you set up the straps, cuz after three hours at the TRU event Saturday, my shoulders are KILLING me! (I still need to give you those pads I was talking about.)

What is funny, is I got two in silver and the other two are almost perfect grey-blue... if paint chips off of the black ones, silver will peek out and if paint chips off of the grey-blue ones, well... same color.

How did you connect them??? I think I saw a small bolt and rivet head.

...LoL...totally meowzers trays...I went to PetSmart got a four for $20.00 then was at Target and saw some, which I thought would be better, they were only $8.00 for all 4!!! :lol:

Talk soon

Lewis :)

What is funny, is I got two in silver and the other two are almost perfect grey-blue... if paint chips off of the black ones, silver will peek out and if paint chips off of the grey-blue ones, well... same color.

How did you connect them??? I think I saw a small bolt and rivet head.

...for connecting them I went with zip-ties...seemed to work pretty good...very strong...plus I can snip them if I ever need to disassemble the pack...probably could have used small bolts...

...the rest of it I may have gone a tad overkill with the bolts etc...

...LoL...you got lucky on the trays...hoping that I can have our trays molded up so that I can fire off the vac-table :lol:

...hurry up and get your pack done!!!!

I also managed to get some trays from target...nearly the perfect shade of grey blue, but i still painted them to get it just right. my only problem is that i cant find a box that fits the radio cover(bottom left box) exactly, right now ive got a smaller version of the kitty box that is about 2 inches too long. ive considered lengthening the radio cover by cutting it into sections and spacing the pieces evenly so that it still looks good. im not sure though, its the only one ive been able to find and im not keen on destroying the only one ive come across.....would this mod be acceptable for deployment? thanks for any tips!

I also managed to get some trays from target...nearly the perfect shade of grey blue, but i still painted them to get it just right. my only problem is that i cant find a box that fits the radio cover(bottom left box) exactly, right now ive got a smaller version of the kitty box that is about 2 inches too long. ive considered lengthening the radio cover by cutting it into sections and spacing the pieces evenly so that it still looks good. im not sure though, its the only one ive been able to find and im not keen on destroying the only one ive come across.....would this mod be acceptable for deployment? thanks for any tips!

what section of target did you find the trays?? got some pics??

thanks

dan

what section of target did you find the trays?? got some pics??

thanks

dan

I managed to find my trays in the pet section with all the food, toys, etc. mine are almost the right color grey/blue but they had like this metallic sheen to them that was mixed into the plastic, so originally they had this like shiny effect, very high gloss, but then i repainted with the right color blue.....ill try to get a pic or two up soon so you guys can point me in the right direction as far as mods that still have to be made

Posted Image

yeah ive been told by my garrison's GML to tone down the dirt so im gunna work on that...but do you notice the small water tap i installed on the bottom left? i have a full screwofftop waterdispencer inside the lower big box of my pack.....and yes i still need a cistern, hamburger stacker and bottom antenna.....all of which are impossible to find in florida.....any help?