Disneyland Trick Or Treat Party

TD-443

Anyone going? Think they would allow troopers with buckets on. I read the rules but I think it might be ok. Anyone trooped this before?

Heres the info:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland...pecialOfferPage

We do the same thing here in FL- It's Called Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks...pecialEventPage

We've been going for the past 2 years. Only drag is that you'll have Disney employees telling you that you can't wear your helmet. One year it was every 20 nsteps, we had an employee say that we can't wear our helmets. Mind you, we had Vader with us.... Last year they said the same thing! One of us said, "Why can't we wear our helmets?" The Disney employee said that they don't allow helmets or masks to be worn. One of the guys then spoke up and said, "You mean to tell me that you're going to go to every one of these kids tonight and tell them to take off their masks?!" The employee turned away and left.

Troops here are some rules/tips you'll need to know if you plan on doing this-

1. DONT bring Vader in there... You won't go very far. We made that mistake our first year.

2. You can pose for pictures for about 5 minutes then you must "move along". Sorry I couldn't resist. Seriously though, as long as you take some quick snaps and don't impede any traffic flow you're ok.

3. DO NOT take photo ops within 50 feet of Disney characters. The mouse doesn't like it.

4. DO NOT sign any autographs! The mouse doesn't like that either. We're not Disney staff or personnel.

5. Plan on taking some time out to eat and refresh yourself. I know that WDW has an AWESOME fireworks show around 1000pm. I don't know if Disneyland does as well.

6. Just a little FYI- Plan on being mobbed by people WANTING photos. As long as you're quick about it. The mouse doesn't mind.

7. They have trick or treating stations throughout the park, where they hand out free candy and you can take a photo op with your favorite character.

8. They have 2 parades. Make sure you're not in distance or you won't go through for a while.

9. One thing that works for us- We make reservations at one of the resorts. We tell the guard when we get there that we're there for dinner and they'll let you through. Once in the parking lot, we all meet at a designated area in the parking lot, and get suited up. We walk in the park, and walk out together. We all then get the armor off and have a very early breakfast at an IHOP or Denny's.....

10. It's worth the price, and it really is loads of fun!

;)

• 10 months later...

When do you guy's go, we will be in Florida from Oct 3rd staying in Disneys all Star Music....i think!!

If it was a possibility i'd take my armor, only been trick or treating in england...so cold me drop box's nearly fell off :o

I'll be going this year to the Disney World one sometime in September (middle of the month I think). Was set on going TK (TD if I get my pack and weathering done in time!). But now with this helmet issue mentioned above I may just finish up my Clone Wars Kenobi w/ clone armor. Decisions, decisions... ;)

Guests of all ages may wear costumes only to the Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party event for which their ticket is valid. Otherwise, costumes are only permitted at either theme park for Guests ages 9 and under. All costumes must adhere to any guidelines as determined solely by Disney. Please choose costumes that are not obstructive, offensive, or violent. Guests may wear masks, but masks must not obstruct vision and the eyes must be visible at all times. Guests dressed as Disney characters may not pose for photos or sign autographs for other guests. Costumes should not drag on the ground, and should not contain sharp or pointed objects that could strike other guests. Costumes should not contain weapons or objects which could be mistaken for weapons.

does that mean we would have to change out our lenses??

Xavier, this is good info. That sounds it comes directly from WDW, yes?

I have an e-mail in to them and haven't heard back yet.

Leaning more toward Obi Wan if in fact they need to see eyes... Trooper helmets just wouldn't work it seems...

i fly out from the uk on 22nd oct and return the 11th of sept i am looking to hook up with a few troopers out there eather at wdw or at a flordia garrison troop to just say hi . i know theres a couple more ukg guys out there the same time as me so maybe we can sort somthing out :)