Marco Back pack

TK-9135

I have looked through 7 pages of posts... LOL

Is this the Marco pack? At the time of sale I was told this is a Marco entertainment pack. This bad boy is old. I have no idea the original owner, but I came across it early in my "Gotta buy everything" days.

I have had it for about 3 years, and it is a little worse for wear after our last move. It needs some love...

If this can be tweeked, It is a light pack. Mostly vac formed, at least the shell anyway. I would like to reuse it. But if it is not to standard, then a rethink is in order. I read over and over building a pack is the way to go.

Is this a cool collectable, or shod vac job toss and rebuild?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Never seen it before. Without better pictures it's hard to tell, but at first glance, it has all the basic shapes and proportions to pass muster. The Cistern looks interesting, a one-piece vac-form job maybe?

• 2 months later...

Here are some better pics... I am thinking it is indeed a Marco, looking at this pic from Jez's site...

Posted Image

The side tube and the dish look the same. The radio box shapes make to be the same as well. Mine is in diffrent layout, but the parts look to be a match.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dont know if it meets the MEPD standards, but I think it has the dimensions..

Any way.. I would keep it as is - perhaps restore it a bit if needed.. Then I would build my own back pack..

Get an old vintage boy scout frame, contact slavefive on the boards for the back pack pieces.. Seth did some very nice kits, but unfortunately this ended.. Someone should really try to buy his molds and continue the production...

Dont know if you can use my answer bro :D

Other than the 'Autism Awaerness' sticker obviously, I can't see why this wouldn't be approved... Not everyone has an SB/MH pack and self constructed ones, provided that they are representative of the film ones, are acceptable... I think it looks fine...

Tore it down to parade rest today and am rebuilding it gound up. Should come out pretty good. Some things I am leaving alone for it is one of the first fanmade prop kits. Not that it has value other than saying that, but none the less pretty cool to have one.

Might sell it if I had a bite on it, but could keep it as well. The bottom bottle will need reworked, thats about the biggest project to it. Adding a light metal frame to the inside is going to happen as well, that would anchor the straps better and stop the plastic from cracking.