My First weathered TD bucket

TK/TD6908

So this wasnt a TOTALLY new experience, but it was new doing a trooper helmet. I make friday the 13th hockey masks and learned alot about weathering by making those. What do you guys think? I was trying to go for a light/medium weathered look closely resembling the infamous move along trooper. Lenses have been added since i took these pics. Im also going to thin out the ears a bit more

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh and incase anyone wants to know, i used a wash of acrylic paint, raw umber, and then another wash with raw umber and a touch of yellow ochre. Alot of brushing till it was almost dry and patting down with a crumpled paper towel

ha yes planning on doing that too!

I posted this over on the FISD and ya said the same thing...didnt it look familiar to ya mike? ha

These are the pics from a couple of weeks ago i posted on FISD, i havent gotten around to tweaking it yet.

ask and you shall recieve!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first 2 (parts 3 and 4)are ABS pulls off the original movie mold, which i got from Ken Tarallo, the original sculptor and special effects guy who did the originals. The third (part6)is a fiberglass pull i did myself.

I pretty much larned alot of wethering techniques doing thses types of masks and i just carried what i learned over to the sandy

Nice weathering. I prefer the less is more approach! I agree with what the others said about the mods.

I'm also a Jason costumer. I have one of Ken's blanks too but I haven't painted it up yet. Too much sandy work to do! I also have a noface blank I worked up a couple of years ago and use for my FVJ costume.