Talking about accuracy... cheesegrater on my hand

iconoclasta_88

I´ve been reading a lot about raising the standards of costuming and making more accurate costumes and replicas for a long time now. I know this is not an easy job and if I want my armor to be close to the ones on the movies I must work hard and all...

In order to be more and more accurate, I chose a specific TD in the "move along" scene and tried to make my armor as close to it as it was possible. Been working on it for 8 months now... I know Im not that close, but im closer... and will probably keep on improving all my stuff for months and months yet...

Anyway... there is a question I want to ask you guys... I need opinions here cause there is no canon when trying to portrait a specific trooper, specially when that trooper changes from take to take... What am I talking about?

Ok... Ive been working to look like this trooper:

Posted Image

And not taking in consideration that I have an FX kit and planning to change my bucket someday, I think Im slowly coming close to it... This is my armor...

Posted Image

But then I faced the cheesegrater dilema... This particular TD changes from regular to cheesegrater handplate from take to take...

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, what do you think? Should I go cheesegrater or regular???

Thx for all your opinions...

well....to be completely screen accurate do both and switch them off when you troop.

LOL! Maybe I will do that... THX

Pretty certain that's not the same guy - he's in a different position in those pictures. I'll check other screen caps and see, though.

I´ve just checked out that scene on dvd and I think it is the same character, probably not the same guy... There are two TDs standing a bit farder from the camera when the TD in orange pouldron and the one with the cheesegrater comes into shot. Then, camera cuts into next take and there they are... the one in orange pouldron, the one in black *this time with regular handplate, and the other two at the back...

Im sure its a continuity mistake in costumes... as many other details are... but, well, I wanted to know what everyone thought about it.

Thx for your comments!

Someone has anymore thoughts?

I can't find the picture I wanted. But it also occured to me that there were not only different hand backs, but different variations on the cheesegrater handback. You just have to pick something you like, and go with it. You can change things for a different event, if you wanted. Or if you get tired of something, try it out later on.

I've not worn the cheesegrater, as I'm not really a fan of that look, but I might try one out, see how it goes, and take it from there.

judging for alternative documentations and behind-the-scene stuff i´m quite sure there were at least three or four shots for this specific "move along"

scene.

the temperature while shooting in tunisia was almost killing everone on the set, so it´s easily conceivable the costumes changed or at least the gloves...

...You just have to pick something you like, and go with it. You can change things for a different event, if you wanted. Or if you get tired of something, try it out later on...

There are so few facts on these cheesegraters things that I wouldnt even want to go into it now, I guess I will just take yours and Daverian's advice and make them and just wear them and see how it goes. From there on I can just go back and forth to regular... THX!

...the temperature while shooting in tunisia was almost killing everone on the set, so it´s easily conceivable the costumes changed or at least the gloves...

Yes, this is true. I guess this in part helped making SW props and costumes more interesting... LOL. I just wanted to be as close as possible to that particular TD.

THX!