Helmet

Vadersf15t

Well I took it upon myself to finally remove the "Rebel Kills" from the back of the helmet and to also hand paint all the gray areas with the black lining. The only thing i didnt do yet is the tube striping whihc part of me doesnt trust myself to do a good job (considering the big black stain on the floor where i spilled Testors paint.. anyone know how to get that out?) here's some pics and tell me what you think. Keep in mind i know its only an FX but im striving for the best with the very little money i have left.

no more rebel kills as you can see below

Posted Image

Posted Image

here you can see i've raised the brow

Posted Image

Posted Image

no more "kills," decals are gone and the ear is painted and done with only one black line and also notice the brow has been shortened to a better length

Posted Image

Posted Image

again notice the changes, especially the brow

Posted Image

Posted Image

so its not the best helmet youll ever see but id appreciate some feedback. thanks for looking guys!

P.S. i forgot to add i ttried the green lens but i really cant see out of them. As it is i cant fit my glasses in the bucket, the green just makes its all the worse

Excellent work all round Vader, your helmet looks great! The Rebel kill count was a nice touch, but accuracy is just as cool

As for your paint spill problem, I can sympathize with you (someone dropped a paint lid onto the dining room carpet once) I think it took about a year of regular scrubbing and chemical treatment to try and get it out, so good luck with that one

you said the fx is not the best

ok

but imo it´s a kind of trooper history

so you should keep it for the rest of your days

i still remember that mike 1536 sold his fx sandtrooperbucket on ebay

was 5 minutes late

that would be a nice part of my collection

acutally thats an interesting thing to say tk-4224, ive always heard the stories of TE and Gino but never FX. anyone want to shed some light o nthe licensing/ casting of the FX helmet/ Armor. For example why its so soft and why it doesnt hold true to the movie accuracy (reminds me of the rubies darth vader lid).

Thanks for the compliments guys. i really appreciate it. Like isaid i can always use pointers. Now i need to get my hands on some pouches.