parts and stuff needed.

TD-2372

hey guys , so i'm about to have the time to start upgrading my armor , but i dont really no what to do , as far as the abb plate is concerned . do i get a whole new abb plate ? and if so from whom? or do i cut out the " buttons" with a dremmel ? and where would i get the part to replace it? here's a pic of me at the ft. worth science museum the week that i left to go back in the army , back in june after getting dirty.. thanks for help.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1 ... da1802.jpg

Try to get a new ab plate from either AP or TM. Even if you have an FX suit, it should work with the back plate just fine. I know back in 2004 when I had my first FX, a Garrison mate of mine had acquired a few ab plates from a source... not sure which. It was either AP or MFX. Regardless, it worked just fine with my FX parts.

Also, loose the drop boxes. We don't have them and it's one less thing to worry about.

Dont forget the vents on the back of your helmet (dome) and on the cheeks need to be blanked (ie no black parallel lines)

You can make a diamond kneeplate from those strips of ABS if you have any spare from the fx kit.

Standard TK hand plates are ok - ANH-Special Edition version of sandies are based on the TESB/ROTJ stormtrooper if I remember.

If you cut into your existing ab plate, you'll more than likely go right through it instead of just removing the detail.

In a rush, I did this then had to get a spare from:

www.westerfieldstudios.com

The detail of the Ab plate isnt as great as the AP and a lil' asymetrical giving a warped appearence.

As for the kneeplate, the 1 I received needed rivetting with an 'L' bracket to attach it to the left greave (calf armour)

Sure. It's not hard at all to cut out the existing ab part, and replace it with more ABS (or plexiglass, or styrene, or whatever). The best part of that is, you probably have what you need (costing no extra money).

Something I learned - the ABS cement can get pretty unwieldy and messy at times, so I switched to regular Super Glue, and had just as much luck.

Cool!

Someone gave me one of those resin replacement slabs, but it looks too thick and chunky for me to do anything with. Guess I'll use it as reference when I make my own

Sure. It's not hard at all to cut out the existing ab part, and replace it with more ABS (or plexiglass, or styrene, or whatever). The best part of that is, you probably have what you need (costing no extra money).

Something I learned - the ABS cement can get pretty unwieldy and messy at times, so I switched to regular Super Glue, and had just as much luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I have made an FX AB plate conversion. You will need to cut out the centre box and stick this plate on. I also have the diamond knee plates too and can get you a pic later, if your interested?

Can you pm me prices please?

• 2 months later...