Container Store Back Pack

whitecommando

I bought a bunch of stuff to use for a pack way back when, but after sitting down with the stuff and looking at reference pics, I realized how inaccurate it would be. Your best bet is to look at ebay. Most of the right stuff can be bought very inexpensively.

This is the part of my suit that I am wrestling with. I see some great ones, but they are pricey... to the casual observer, two of the primary boxes look like cat litter boxes coupled together... then some random other boxes, a tube, a bottle, a plunger and a syphon...

I guess I need to "get up in there" more and understand this sucker!

There are cat litter trays from Target that aren't too bad for the main boxes, a little big but probably the closest if you want to stick to a found item pack. A lot of the parts are a PITA to imitate practically. This was a large part of what drove Mike & I to begin making packs. There just isn't much out there. With that said, there is a lot you can make from scratch if you are patient and handy. Some sheet plastic and a utility knife has a lot of potential.

I feel your pain brother, Ive been struggling for a while now to find parts that would look even remotely close to accurate. For the main boxes I actually bought 4-16 oz sterilite containers. Theres a wierd line on them that I think is from manufacturing. I cut along the line and stuck the two pieces together and it makes a box with 4 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 14 dimensions. After looking at my own body size,ref pics, and various forums and sites I guessed those as the measurements. Its not exact but its the best I can do right now. I would take some pictures of it but I dont really want to embarass myself till its completly done. I at least want to wait till its finished to smash it in anger.

PM me with pics. I am interested in what you are doing. So, with Sterilite boxes, you can get pretty close? And kitty litter trays as well (thanks Seth)? I am pretty handy with Sintra... though Sintra and Super Glue would make for a fragile trooping pack.

I am off to look at pics.

Anyone know which thread in this area of the MEPD has the dimensions for the pack boxes? <-- I hope that is not a "no-no" question.

Since I am doing a white pauldron suit - no, not Davin Felth, but the other one that takes it like be-atch!

I am trying to get this figured out to where you pros will start to talk nice about me (even behind my back).

I started out as a fat, under-weathered F/X suit with "no extra stuff on my suit" trooper... to a more weathered, getting ready to have an RT-Mod upgraded lid, upgraded weapons (M of T's E-11 and CP MG-34 V2), pauldron, ammo pouches, and 20 pounds lighter trooper.

Trying... to... become... better!!! (and dirtier).

I feel your pain brother, Ive been struggling for a while now to find parts that would look even remotely close to accurate. For the main boxes I actually bought 4-16 oz sterilite containers. Theres a wierd line on them that I think is from manufacturing. I cut along the line and stuck the two pieces together and it makes a box with 4 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 14 dimensions. After looking at my own body size,ref pics, and various forums and sites I guessed those as the measurements. Its not exact but its the best I can do right now. I would take some pictures of it but I dont really want to embarass myself till its completly done. I at least want to wait till its finished to smash it in anger.

Anyone know which thread in this area of the MEPD has the dimensions for the pack boxes? <-- I hope that is not a "no-no" question.

They are floating around a few places here, the short answer is 8 1/2"H x 13"W x 2 1/2"D (for 5"D with two trays stacked), which should be pretty dang close to what the real trays were.