shoulder bells

teabo

i'm using the strap and snap system to keep my shoulder bells on the strap goes from one bell to the other but i have noticed they dont fit all the way on my shoulders.they kid of get pulled towards my back

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d26/plutto13/DSC08344a.jpg

in the photo shows my problem any ideas i tried using them on the shoulder straps but the snaps kept coming lose

For my Sandtrooper, I attach them with industrial velcro. They've never come undone while trooping.

On my clean white TK, I use two large snaps, that way if one comes loose, there is another. I've never had those totally come loose either. You want to use the larger, stronger snaps on everything.

is the actual strap slipping down your back? if this is the case you could sew a little square of velcro on the strap and just below the neck of the bodysuit. this should stop it moving.

my strapping setup utilises one strap across my shoulders for the bells, another strap sewn to this strap draped over my shoulders and this then fastens to my belt, this prevents the the belt from being pulled down and the shoulder strap slipping back. does that make sense?

there is a thread somewhere on here with a great diagram from trooper master showing his strapping system, mine is based on this and works a treat.

Ah, Paul, just in the nick of time .

i use elastic for all strapping as it makes everything feel a little more free moving but it all springs back into shape after i've straightened up. (i can bend down and pick things up off the floor at a stretch, although it doesnt look or feel comfortable).

okay, using TM's diagram to explain, strap A behind the neck, strap D sewn to A and going down your front and attaching to belt. mine differs slightly as strap A also attaches to the biceps but just experiment until something feels right

Strap 'D' on mine is 2" elastic with velcro on each end that acts as braces/suspenders for my waist belt that holds up straps 'E' for the thighs, again 2" elastic. Strap 'D' is just a long length that loops around the back of my neck where both straps 'A' and 'B' are sewn together. 'A' is 1" elastic and 'B' is 1 3/4", both have snaps on eah end. The reason I have two seperate straps there is that the shoulder bells are free floating and not being pulled down by the biceps, which are connected to the forearms with strap 'C' (1 3/4" elastic). It might not work for everyone, but this way you can remove the body armour seperately without taking off the arms or legs.

-Paul.