Help getting a lewis gun

Can anyone help this UK Sandy get his hands on a lewis gun please.Any help hugely apreciated

I'd be more than happy to help you out. I'm assuming that you are talking about a Hyperfirm Lewis. PM me and let me know.

go to http://www.partsofsw.com/

and look for downloads. there is a lew gun scale drawing there that you can use as a template. MAke one yourself for about $20.00. Thats what I did and it looks great!

It's a flat 2D technical drawing of a Lewis - not everyone has the modelmaking skill to turn that into a 3D properly sized and scaled gun, and for only $20????

Wanna see pics???

Its actually pretty easy. The hardest part is printing the drawing to scale, but if you use the key at the bottom you can come very close to full scale. I printed it out on an epson printer after I scaled it to 100%. I then cut out the basic shape of the main body andf then began adding the details. After the main body was done I went and bought 3 inch pipe and cut it to the correct length. Then I used a plastic bottle for the tapered barrel and a bunch of spacking paste to hide the seams. I then used a drainage pipe for the ribbed section. After 3 coats of flat black and some wood color paint and a bit of weathering it looks great. Well pretty great for a $20 gun!!

I will post some later today hopefully. When I was at Comic-Con I compared it to the Hyper Firm and its about the same shape and length. I need to add more details but its nice enough for pics!!!

It still needs alot of work but it was built in 3 DAYS!!

I still need the front sight, the cooling vents, bi-pod bracket, sling and brackets, metal straps, and better weathering. But I think it was good enough for Comic-Con and the Symphony we trooped that weekend. I was bummed at Comic-Con, only 4 sandies showed up. :(

Anyways,...IT CAN BE DONE. I bet after all is said and done I will have $50 or less into it. I will try and update as I finish it up. Its fairly light too, I must say.

Another tip from me would be to lighty dry brush the Stock to give it that wood grain effect. It will stop the wooden areas lookin plasticy and add more realism to your weapon. I added the black dry brush work to TD 2441's T21 and it worked a treat!

The mid section is made out of MDF (a dense fiberboard) and molding. I added extra wood to the stock and grinded it down to look rounded and smooth. All of the upper parts of the main body like where the magazine sits are seperately cut wood parts varying in thickness from 1/8 of an inch to 1/2 inch scraps that I had laying around the garage. The trigger is hand carved out of the 1/2 inch MDF. I cut out the paper that I needed parts from on the print out and just traced them onto the wood. The trick is referring to photo's I grabbed from the internet of real lewis guns and making those parts from the scale drawing. I have a ways to go, but the end result will pass for a BFG I hope. I dunno about the weight yet, but if I had to guess I would say 5-8 LBS. Also, if you look at a real lewis gun the end of the barrel is not thick. That thick barrel that you see on the Hyper Firms is for extra strength and is not how they really look as far as I can tell. The small part of the barrel on the end of my gun is about 2 inches too short. I had difficulty finding the right size pipe in that length. Oh, one other thing. I used 3 inch ABS pipe for the main barrel, but its actually about 2 7/8 inches. So my main barrel is a bit too thick as well.

Posted Image