TD "Cheesegrater" Handbacks possible interest/Run

tubachris85x

Hi everyone,

I was requested to make a set of these for a local garrison member for his TD, and I wanted to guage more possible interest for when I pursue making these. I would figure asking here to ask would be my best bet. I have the design w/ measurements drawn out and I will post that diagram upon request.

I will be making these out of vacu-formed polystyrene. The molds are not made as of yet due to the fact that this is a fairly recent request and that I am moving up to northern florida for college this week. Thanks.

-tubachris

*EDIT*

First run sign up list as follows:

What you will get: 2 sandtrooper "cheesegrater" handbacks formed from .090 ABS plastic. Will be $10 shipped. For the first run, I need 5 members to sign up. Please do not send money until AFTER I have a set ready for you to be shipped. PM me if you wished to be put on this list.

1.tatooineboy

2.Sandtrooper Almar

-tubachris

• 2 months later...

Hmm........I guess I will go through with these in the near future then. I thought there wasnt that much of an interest then. Someone Im working with is building a CNC milling machine, I may ask him if I can use that to make a vac-form buck. I'll keep you guys updated.

As for the price, Im going to try and keep it around $10 for a pair.

Thanks

-tubachris

Alright, well the census is that these are wanted. I'll try to get some molds made soon.

Also, just FYI, these will be casted from polystyrene (HIPS) I know your TD's and covered in sand, but you will need to get a plastic polisher if you want the shine to it.

-tubachris

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on this run?

Hey,

Im in need to get a new belt sander for my darktrooper project, and I need it for this. Im goin to home depot in a few minutes to get one. Im also probably goin to use my college's theater's shop if they let me to for this. I'll keep you updated.

-tubachris

Alright,

Im actually thinking about casting these in ABS plastic now to match your traditional set of armor. I am not 100% sure, but I think I may have found a good source. I will keep you posted on that.

Today, I started the first mold. Please keep in mind, this is NOT the finished mold, Im still going to be doing some clean up work before I will begin castings. These are not flat, but have a slight curve to them to better conform to your hands.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-tubachris

• 4 weeks later...