Deployment Standards History

Daetrin

How did this come about? It's clear in hindsight that this program has markedly increased the quality of 501st sandtroopers to such an extent that other costume types have copied the program; BSN & FISD being two that I know of and the Officers Det tossing the idea around.

It's an outstanding program - to whom do we owe credit and thanks?

Out of 384 sandtroopers in the 501st, or about 22% (e.g. 1 out of 5). That's amazing!

Considering that out of those 384, how many still actually have their suits and troop in them? The odds get better.

And, I'll bet that the percentage of new TD's that are MEPD is even higher, e.g. the majority of new TD's getting in their designation are MEPD standards.

My goal from the get go was to get into the MEPD, NOT just the 501st. The 501st is an awesome entity, but any clown with a pauldron and hasbro pistol and get a TD signification. I actually wish the 501st had standards as strict as this.

I'm super proud to be a part of the MEPD. WE are where it's at! Accuracy is everything.

Our goal should be to get MORE of the sandtroopers from the 501st into here so that all the sandtroopers across the legion are more uniform.

It's all good. It's all make-believe anyway.