wannab

Before. (TE1 left TE2 right)

Posted Image

Progress so far. (TE1 left TE2 right)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A couple thing I'm not sold on yet...

1. I used the correct color paint for the stripes on vinyl then cut them out, but it still looks almost black so I may lighten the paint and try that.

2. The lenses I used were face shields, but again the appear too dark (not from the inside however). I just thought that the green acetate that came with the TE2 kit was way too light. I think the darker color on my SDS is the perfect shade, but I have yet to be able to track some down.

--

Something I tried that worked very well was, I painted the correct grey, but i made black vinyl trim cut to match what I had painted so it looks somewhat freehand.

I'll post a pic of how I solved the Mic tip mounting issue -- It's a good'n.

Last thing I need for the inside is some 3/4 inch foam.

Nice Lids wannab, I like seeing the TE1 and 2 comparrisons. Quick question what is the thickness of each helmet? Is the TE1 thinner than the TE2?

The back on the TE1 seems to be the same as the TE2, but the face is a little thinner (not much) mostly on the under chin area but it's beefed up with the neck seal so now it feels rock solid.

Nice looking buckets! When you say the correct grey, do you mean the Humbrol or Testors?

I am unconvinced that the midnight blue is the correct color. I used #15 and I think and that looks pretty good for my sandtrooper.

Any shots of the sides and backs?

Humbrol.

PM sent about the #15.