Ever troop without your pack?

freakengine

Just wondering. Yesterday I trooped a relatively long event for free comic book day and couldn't park close, so I opted to go sans pack for the first time ever. My shoulders are thanking me for it too. The only regret I have is that my shoulder ammo pouch is connected to my pack strap, so I had to leave it (and my sound system) behind. I may have to change that setup.

Anyone else ever leave the pack behind from time to time?

The base of my neck is killing me today from wearing the pack and toting a pretty heavy lewis for a couple hours. I want to get an E11 for trooping with the pack and go packless with the Lewis in the future. Besides, the Lewis trooper didn't have a pack or shoulder pouch anyway! My shoulder pouch is connected to my pack strap too.

Trooped Emerald City Comic Con both days all day, and had to take my pack off 3/4 the way through day 1 (about 6hrs) and about 1/3 of the day (about 2 hrs) due to my shoulder giving out on me... So no pauldron, pack or ammo puch... Felt partly naked but much lighter!

I started with my (homemabe) Lewis, then moved onto my E-11... I must say an E-11 is a must for longer days...

I dont wear my back pack every time i troop.

I dont own a car.

So i have to travel by bus, train, or if i can go whit some one in a car for trooping.

If i go on my pedal cycle, i just have my armor in a big rucksack on my back.

So there i only got my e-11, and a few pounches, maby the pauldron too

Great question!

Often I find myself trooping without the pack. In my case, it isn't a weight issue (its only like 4-5 pounds) it is a space issue. I often find myself unable to maneuver through crowds, stores, etc.

For example, I just trooped over the weekend (Free Comic book day) and the store is so crowded with stuff - I can't even go in to the store in armor...much less with my pack on. I trooped outside the store (and went in to a couple of stores in the shopping center) taking pictures and having a great time.

I would not have been able to do that with my pack. On parades, and events similar - I make sure my pack is with me. As long as the space is available....PACK ON!

Lack of movement with the pack is definately an issue. I had my lewis with me + the pack = no way could even go into the store. I did just about get stuck in the bathroom due to my pack... funny story... when I finally did get out Wonder woman was standing there shaking here head at the scene...doh

I am of the mind that I have spent months making the backpack and am going to wear it if it kills me(which it usually does). Carrying around the lewis all day wears on you also but, the kids love the BFGs!!!

The base of my neck is killing me today from wearing the pack and toting a pretty heavy lewis for a couple hours. I want to get an E11 for trooping with the pack and go packless with the Lewis in the future. Besides, the Lewis trooper didn't have a pack or shoulder pouch anyway! My shoulder pouch is connected to my pack strap too.

I've just checked with the GML of the UKG if I can do a couple of troop shifts without my pack, as I too will have a heavy T-21 to tote around aswell, and I noticed in the films that the T-21 trooper was backpack-less. Thankfully it's cool for me to do so as long as I start the day with a few shifts with backpack - which is fine, but if my back starts grumbling it'd be nice to give it a break.

I'd never troop without the T-21 though, you'll have to prise that baby from my cold, dead hands But if my arms really do get to the point of dropping off, I'm thinking about getting a Dewback prod, which would be quite cool....