shoulder straps

teabo

i can´t remember any picture of a TD showing the shoulder straps clearly, here is all i could find...

Posted Image

but here is one of han´s anh suit...

Posted Image

and here is another one of another anh stormtrooper

Posted Image

btw. i don´t think the shoulder straps were made of leather, i´d rather say some white webbing material. and if you´re still cutting your chest and backplate be sure to leave more plastic to hold the space between chest and backplate as tiny as possible!

i hope this helps!

canvas cool..you should be able to get that at any fabric store correct??How do you connect it to the armor??glue or snaps??Does the canvas come in what i would believe you would get in a tan color??

clutch is right, TD´s had no ribbed shoulder strips covering the webbing.

there are rumors in circulation that minor details like the ribbed shoulder straps were added to "upgrade" the standart stormtroopers after the first filmed scenes in tunisia. (yeah, we are the originals!)

so don´t worry about the ribbed straps... we don´t need that kinda upgrades!

A bit difficult to see but it's just a 2" wide strap on each side attached with e6000. Some elect to use a length of snaps on one side so that you can adjust it. It's up to you. I just test fitted it first with masking tape straps and then measured them when it was right. I have an additional strap glued with e6000 to the inside that has a snap on it for connecting the shoulder bells (so that the snap does not show from the top).

Posted Image