future recruit

wannabesandtroopa

before i did my armor (wow its been two years.. )

i searched and all the major search engines for a few weeks and found everything i could about trooper mods.

do searchs on stromtrooper armor, stormtrooper mods, ......

most of the sites i have bookmarked are long since dead..

but the most helpfull, get with your local garrison and get some contact there.. usually you can find people that are willing to help build your armor with you.

Have fun, and get dirty

I'll second that - I did TONS of research, saving every picture I could find. Good ones, bad ones, anything I could find on troopers, sandtroopers, custom weapons, backpacks, tutorials, screen caps, etc. I have thousands of pictures, and I figured I'd not need so many, but when it comes down to it, I'm glad I have them. Different angles of the same shot, and different people's ways of doing the same thing is very useful.

With a forum like this, you've really got it made, though. Ask lots of questions.

thanks guys, the advice is much appriciated! lucky, i've pretty much been saving every Sand Trooper picture i found on the web for years, heh, i've always loved Sand Trooper's best, so i have lots of reference photos. and i have been scanning the net recently for info on making backpacks and such. and this site is great! it has lots of great info on how to get dirty and how to make diamond knee pads and everything. i truly am lucky! thanks to everyone again, i will no doubt be back with lots of questions!

Research, research, research. The saviour of us, it is! I would have to say I've been doing mine for several years now. And only actually undertook the project this spring. I have to admit though, the best pics I have ever seen are on the Davin Felth site.

I stumbled across this site after I had begun my own costume. Imagine my surprise! This is the VERY look I was going for! Same BFG, same pauldron color, everything. Needless to say, I LOVE these pics. Even made a desktop out of 'em! Hopefully mine will be at least half this good.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image