Trimming ears from a TE2 helm kit? (PICS ADDED Apr 4)

wannab

Ok, I have the helm together (harder that I thought), now I need to work on trimming the ear covers, there doesn't appear to be any definite trim lines. Any advice or tips or online tuts about this?

Thanks,

Doug

I finished the ears, and I must say they turned out better that the ones on my TE1 (pre assembled). I will take some pics tomorrow (wed).

I ended up using a utility knife, drill, tin snips, rasp, and sandpaper (no dremel) to trim out all parts of the helmet and it turned out great!

Doug

Added pics vvv

TE1 left TE2 right

Posted Image

TE1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TE2

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I noticed while working on this, that the TE1 has a sharper pull than the TE2 I'm not sure if this is always the case but it is very noticable here.

Doug

Fantastic job. Sometimes I wish I could assemble and paint TK buckets all day long, it's so much fun!

You said it, I'm whethering some of my helmets at the moment and i'm having a blast. I will probably just have to get another one. cause I don't know what i'll do when I'm finished.

Great job wannab the helmets look smick. Just noticed that the TE2 looks like quite a lot softer pull than the one by TE (looking mainly at the 5th tooth). My TE2 is the same (not as sharp)

I'm just looking at getting a knew helmet in the coming months and want to get a real sharp pull for a display pieace (understanding it will be thin). Is the only way to get a sharp pull to get one of TE's buckets or have some people got some sharper TE2 pulls out there??

Scooter