C4 Sandtrooper Costume Panel!

SethB6025

Forwarded from the organizers:

Topic: NEW CASTING CALL for CIV Costume Panels!

Do you LOVE your costume?? If so, then BE A STAR on stage at Celebration IV!!

The 501st Costume Panels Committee is seeking panelists to share their costuming knowledge and skill with Star Wars fans at Celebration IV. This year LFL has approved panels for nine different costume categories.

GoTo swc4news.com to sign-up and for more details under "Official Events and Activities: Official Panels Info/Update Thread", or if you already have access to the site, just use this link:

http://www.swc4news.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=144

INITIAL SIGN-UP DEADLINE: SUNDAY, March 25, 12Noon PDT

DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCE to be part of the Celebration IV Legacy!!!

If you can do this please sign up, Sandtroopers are one of the categories, so lets not let them down!

Click on the link. It says topic does not exist.

Well boss,

I tried to sign up for this C4 Sandtrooper Costume Panel and they looked at me like I was some kind of crazy person...

I guess I'll keep my sandie expertise and knowledge to me-self (not that I had a lot to begin with... )

T

Bummer. I can't login since they never sent me my confirmation. Typical convention organization trying to throw something together quickly at the last minute.

Oh well,

We'll see boss. I went on the 501st board and cried out for help to locate the panel.

T

::raises eyebrow:: Is someone giving you trouble?

Oh, no problemos yet guys! Just a minor league observation from someone in the peanut gallery

If there's a sandtrooper panel I'll locate it! IF NOT, then we'll blast em!

T

Sandies,

**EDITED**

The title of this post says it all. I was just granted access to the SWCIV forum and visited this topic. The current line-up DOES NOT include a SEPARATE sandtrooper discussion panel. Instead, sandtroopers will be discussed with other armored personnel in the Amour de Armor session.

T

Actually, this is what it says, and it does include us sandys, albeit mixed in with the other troopers:

Stormtroopers

Title: “Amour de Armor: Costuming for the Troopers of the Trilogy”

This panel would cover the various incarnations of the armored stormtrooper costumes seen in the original trilogy, namely the clean TK, the sandtrooper, the snowtrooper, and the scout.

Actually, this is what it says, and it does include us sandys, albeit mixed in with the other troopers:

Stormtroopers

This panel would cover the various incarnations of the armored stormtrooper costumes seen in the original trilogy, namely the clean TK, the sandtrooper, the snowtrooper, and the scout.

Thanks Tom.

What I should have said is that there isn't a "stand-alone" costuming panel scheduled for sandtroopers.

T

Stormtroopers

Thanks Tom.

What I should have said is that there isn't a "stand-alone" costuming panel scheduled for sandtroopers.

T

No sweat. I just know we all feel left out from time to time when LFL and associates want only polished TKs at formal events. At least we were mentioned this time as separate from the clean boys.

What I don't get is how any ground can really be covered when tackling that many costumes in a single panel. Oh well - I suppose it's just an introductory overview for most attendees.

Stormtroopers

Thanks Tom.

T

No sweat. I just know we all feel left out from time to time when LFL and associates want only polished TKs at formal events. At least we were mentioned this time as separate from the clean boys.

What I don't get is how any ground can really be covered when tackling that many costumes in a single panel. Oh well - I suppose it's just an introductory overview for most attendees.

I'm disappointed that Mike AND Seth won't be able to attend. I am certain that their expertise on the subject of sandtroopers would have really enlightened the panel.

T

Funny, at this point the only thing I am not upset I'm missing is the actual convention. It would be worth the trip just to meet some of the far-flung brothers in person.

Well boss,

After looking at it and jumping through a couple of hoops, I'll probably just skip the panel discussion anyway.

What I will do is have a brew in honor of you AND the XO. If I can meet up with the rest of the MEPD troopers all the better.

T

Organization was lousy at C2 & C3, so I wouldn't expect anything else for this one.

Also, I urge all of our 501st members not to volunteer for duties during C4. I know that sounds odd, but the track record is clear and it isn't pretty. Volunteer for a hospital visit or something more meaningful. Don't be slave labor for a group of companies that can more than afford to adequately staff an event, but choose not to in order to make even more money.

Organization was lousy at C2 & C3, so I wouldn't expect anything else for this one.

Also, I urge all of our 501st members not to volunteer for duties during C4. I know that sounds odd, but the track record is clear and it isn't pretty. Volunteer for a hospital visit or something more meaningful. Don't be slave labor for a group of companies that can more than afford to adequately staff an event, but choose not to in order to make even more money.

Agreed. I'll be trooping an event at the Shriners Childrens Hospital the day befor CIV opens, and expect that to be even better than the con.