Burger Chef Troopers 1977

freakengine

In September of 1977, Burger Chef offered SW posters for free with the purchase of a large soda, and they made a commercial about the promotion featuring SW characters. The video of this is available on the official SW site, but I thought I'd take a try at capturing images of the troopers.

Take a look at the the screen-right trooper's belt. He's hangin' kinda low and is sporting a nice gap between his ab and cod piece. I suppose his cod piece pivoted on the connecting rivets to get into this position, but it sure looks like the gap extends further than it should be able to if the rivets are in place.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now those two troopers just look awesome I'd bet they are the same one's used for the Holiday Special.

this was my first thought too!

thanks for sharing these screenshots!

I'm just shocked someone beside me remembers Burger Chef

Burger Chef ROCKED! I loved that place as a kid 'cuz I could take a plain hamburger or cheeseburger and MOUND ON ALL MANNER OF CRAP AND BUILD A MONSTER BURGER at the fixins bar!!

Sadly, they closed down a LONG time ago . . . .

I go there every day

and still fit in your armor???

I´m a slim dude.

Hope i all ways will be.

But whit eating this stuff every day, i might have to go for one of jabba´s troops insted