Howdy guys.

First post on these forums from an aspiring Sandtrooper.

Got a crackin' set of AP armour which will eventually be weathered once I pluck up the courage to get it dirty.

MG15 already obtained as is the black pauldron-now just have to get the "infamous" ammo pouches which is proving to be a nightmare and find the various bits for the backpack.

Have seen some on ebay and so forth but by the time I've seen them they're long gone.

So!if any of the MEPD people know of a good,reliable source to get these I would be extremely grateful.And while I'm on the subject do you folk know of a good way to weather the pauldron?or is the process similar to what I'll need to do to the armour?

Sorry for the 20 million questions on my first post but I thought if anyone can help me out or give me advice it would be the MEPD.

Thanks Agian folks and hope to be "mucky" with you guys soon!!!

Iain(TK6598).

Hey, welcome! I can't stress enough that you need to spend a little time digging through the posts on these forums. They're well organized and most of the info you seek is out there. I'll get you jump-started a bit tho. As always, YMMV.

now just have to get the "infamous" ammo pouches which is proving to be a nightmare

I use canvas pouches from http://www.ima-usa.com/ . Just search for pouch and you should see them. They only have tan in stock at the moment, but I bought dark green and dyed them using black Rit fabric dye.

and find the various bits for the backpack.

See here: http://tk1536.com/order_form.html . Absolutely the best out there. Orders are suspended for the moment, but search these forums for more info on Mike and Seth's stuff. Old boy scout pack frames can be found at yard sales and ebay.

And while I'm on the subject do you folk know of a good way to weather the pauldron?

I used the same acrylic paints I used on my armor and it worked very well.

Agaian, welcome, and best of luck in your journey to the dirt side.

Welcome to MEPD Iain!

Check ebay for Sitharmor (seller's User ID). They sell really nice leather stollawein replica pouches.

I concur with Freakengine on the backpack parts. Go with TD-1536 for your pack, you can't go wrong. I completed one a couple of months ago. It's as screen accurate as you can get .

Harry

I have 4 or 5 pairs of leather Norwegian MP40 pouches if you are interested in a set. Let me know and I can send you some photos of what I have.

::EDIT:: I had a for-sale thread going and have sold upwards of 30 pairs to different 501st members, any of them can vouch for the quality of these pouches. The ones that are left are green/gray leather and some are brown.

Thanks Guys.

Have now got a set of MP40 pouches on the way.I would never have found them without you lot as I have hunted high and low for these **** things.Never realised that the pouches where like gold dust.

Thanks again for all the advice and tips now I just have to start getting the bits 'n' bobs for the backpack and work up the courage to get my armour mucky.It'll look good next to my clean SDS gear but this is going to be good.

All the best to you all.

Iain(TK6598).

Your quite welcome Iain.

Thanks Guys.

Have now got a set of MP40 pouches on the way.I would never have found them without you lot as I have hunted high and low for these **** things.Never realised that the pouches where like gold dust.

Thanks again for all the advice and tips now I just have to start getting the bits 'n' bobs for the backpack and work up the courage to get my armour mucky.It'll look good next to my clean SDS gear but this is going to be good.

All the best to you all.

Iain(TK6598).

I just got my two ammo pouches from SithArmor off of eBay. There were still some left if you are fast.

Yipppeeeee I'm finally on the way to getting my gear!!!!!

I'm even in the proces of ordering an AP armor kit

I'm sooooo stoked to get to building.....can't wait for delivery!!!

Steve