blaster in holster?

tk-4224

just wondering if we could see any blasters in holsters at the movies?

any screenshots which shows differences between ANH ESB and ROTJ?

Well... this is sandtrooper country and all.... and we only made it into ANH, cause if we had been in the others, Luke would have lost.

That said, unless there is something in the extended remastered and digitially screwed with release that I haven't seen (like those 'new' sandies with drop boxes in the desert), TDs don't wear holsters in the movie. Period

Correct - the ESB and ROTJ *STORM*troopers have holsters on their right sides - and holster the E-11 backwards - with the grip pointing towards the front. In ANH all holsters were on the right side - because of the magazine wells on the Sterlings.

The *SAND*troopers did not have holsters at all.

Now, saying that, I will sometimes carry my E-11, and will have my holster on my left side (per ANH). Usually this is if I know I will be handing out flyers, shaking a lot of hands, etc, where both hands are needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It does pay to have a holstered E-11 as a troop/event option depending on:

a. event & establishment organiser's attitude towards firearms et al (hospitals, wedding receptions etc)

b. reaction by children, parents attendees (if they feel threatened, its not good for business)

c. uniformity amongst the troopers

d. troop tasks -as previously mentioned- handouts, greetings etc

To the untrained eye, we're still sand/stormtroopers - even if we feel a lil underdressed without a BFG

I guess you can consider it a matter of equiping correctly for the mission's objectives, even if its not canon on the day.

Seems like were abit stuck between being faithful to the "no holster" images on ANH versus sorta common sense approach. Based on what we see 10-15 sandies doing in Mos Eisly in ANH. For what it is worth, there was a small garrison of Imperials on the planet when the droids and Darth Vader showd up...then a whole lot of imperials came down for the droid hunt.

I've been in regular Army units (and Ranger) where slings were not used on M16s...as they were always to be "at the ready" I think the holster use would have to be as appropriate...common sense use as some have sorta suggested.

The standard to get into MEPD being the same (BFG).

My humble 2 cents worth. Mark H