Helmet Line up Different Types/Makers

Deralis

Just for Fun ,We decided to take pics of all the Different Makes of helmets we could find. There are so many sizes for all head types.

These are from tonight at the Rose Parade Practice.

I'm gonna try to get in some more tomorrow,

Still need Oakley, Sds, D.P. deluxe, and a few more,

With there being 200 Stormtroopers I think we can find all makes among the Group.

My Fav is still the T.E.

Posted Image

Thanks for that AWESOME shot Todd.

Its a REAL fantastic collecition you got there.

They look very much the same, only whit very small differents:

1. Ap, gino, sds has a bump in the eye.

2. Meatstock77 seems a bit bigger, and not as round in the top helmet as the other helmets.

3. Aa/sds seems to have small jaw (blue stripes area). but bigger ear bow around it. And in a way tha face part looks like its goes longer out in the bottom. Also the grey paint spots left and right in the end of the black bow trim seems smaller. So dos the holes for mic tips.

4. Ginos eyes seems bigger, maby its just the way its cut out ex.

Maby iam all wrong here, i only hold gt, gf, ap in my hands. So i can say it for sure.

I only got two AP anh full armor kit.

Even the same helmet e.g AP to AP helmet can look diffirent, in the way you cut it out, get it together and paint it ex.

Also how you take your compare picture, left/right, up/down, front.

A helmet in the end will all ways be smaller, as long as it not a GT/FX.

Here's a couple shots of my buckets. All by different makers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Todd

thats a awesome collection! looks like your lucky to have all the best copies out there... let me know if you will ever sell one of these!

Thanks guys. As you can see I'm a sucker for ANH stunts.

Rolf - you're right, the angle of the photo can make size comparisons appear misleading. Also, the way it's trimmed and assembled can make a big difference. The AP is a bit smaller overall than the others. Gino's helmet is truly a work of art (not that he needs the ego stroke).

Now all I need is one of Paul's for the top of the pyramid!

-Todd

Thanks guys. As you can see I'm a sucker for ANH stunts.

Rolf - you're right, the angle of the photo can make size comparisons appear misleading. Also, the way it's trimmed and assembled can make a big difference. The AP is a bit smaller overall than the others. Gino's helmet is truly a work of art (not that he needs the ego stroke).

Now all I need is one of Paul's for the top of the pyramid!

-Todd

Thanks Todd.

I really dont know what armor i like the best out there.

Gino, te, gf, ap, sds, tm i think.

Gino is hard to get (as far as i know).

So maby: Te, ap and tm.

Great collection you got there Todd,very nice

One of mine would look nice on top of that pile and would like to see how it compares side by side with your collection.

I remember one the Gino's/CRprops ROTJ suit's on ebay a couple of years back.Very nice it was too,and looked to be strapped very much like the movie suit's.I think the same suit was auctioned off a few years before that as I saved all the pics and when it came up again I noticed the strapping which is ROTJ (not exact same but close).

I will have a new version coming out next year as I've made some nice adjustments to my moulds lately which will make it even more closer to the originals.Only slight changes but it's these little things that count in my book.Some new details I've noticed since the HD pics are being shown so these are all being incorporated into my moulds so stay tuned

Fantastic helmets Todd!

-Paul.

only two GINO suits were ever made publicly available!

TE2 or TM for me!

Thanks Rocko.

I got two AP.

I dont know if i have the money for a new TE2 and a TM.

I really think TM sounds accurate.

Maby i go TM next time.

Iam looking forward to se he´s new anh version (iam only into anh storm troopers/sandtroopers/stunt version).

In the race of the most accurate armors out there, its the small things there counts.

I wanna be as screen accurate as i can.

Rolf

Not sure how the AP compares to the GF - same moulds?

But my "old" GF set was superb - I trooped in it several times and never had any problems.

IIRC TE only made a few ABS sets so unless you can get one of those then forget anything else. Same with Gino's. Nice to look at but made of styrene and absolutely NOT for trooping in. My Gino helmet cracked when I wore it for just a couple of hours

Just my 2c

Cheers

jez

Not sure how the AP compares to the GF - same moulds?

But my "old" GF set was superb - I trooped in it several times and never had any problems.

IIRC TE only made a few ABS sets so unless you can get one of those then forget anything else. Same with Gino's. Nice to look at but made of styrene and absolutely NOT for trooping in. My Gino helmet cracked when I wore it for just a couple of hours

Just my 2c

Cheers

jez

Thanks for the reply bro.

I my time i have own gt, gf and ap.

The gf and ap look very much the same.

Face part has a bump in the eye, gf dont.

Top helmet and back is not the same either.

The ap is more wide and round in the top helmet (like e.g te) then the gf.

And the ap has a better vacum job on it i thicker plastic.

Now i only have two ap.

They are from the first run, in 80 thick milcky white glossy abs full anh kit.

I been trooping in mine many times the last 2 years, and i dont have one crack in it.

The only hips i have is my mh/sb back pack.

And its not as strong as my armor, but i love it like **** (dont get me wrong guys).

I think te2 is in hips about 60 thick.

And tm was in hips, but has made it in a new awesome for trooping plastic new version.

The gino is not on sale.

So the best armors out there (i think is): Te, ap and tm.

Te comes from a real anh helmet, and rofj suit recast to a full anh kit.

Gf youse it, pass it on to ap.

Ap is stronger then te in the plastic for trooping (i think).

But ap are missing the one skin bone and biceps vs. te.

Tm has some good anh accurate, te and ap dont.

E,g the 12 holes on the right arm 11 on the left.

The right shoulder string goes down more wide accurate way ex.

Iam not a maker just a owner here i small denmark, and the only kits ive seen whit my own eyes is gt, gf and ap.

So my knowless might be wrong.

All the best from here bro´s.

Rolf

Posted Image

Tm has some good anh accurate, te and ap dont.

E,g the 12 holes on the right arm 11 on the left.

noticed this on the new MFX armor as well

he has a used one up for auction without any discription

you can see it if you´r searching for "stormtrooper" only

don´t know anything about his origin

and the storys around are IMO not 100% the truth

but it looks better than his older version of the armor

and the price is getting higher

his new helmet had some reworked aereas and it looks a little bit sharper

i´ve heard he sandet the tears und the eyes a lil flat to get them sharper

the bucket i saw hat realy flat eres under the eyes and troopermaster couldn´t believe that it´s a vac formed bucket

in this fact i´m not sure what we would get if we order from him (if we will get something )

All i know is that he´s a master (sounds like a old karate movie or somthing).

So tm give us some up date, pictures ex (ive seen he´s new sandtrooper on he´s www, and its looking awesome).

We know you got it.

Tm to you.

Rolf

I'm not sure about MFX.Guidon said he had an original ANH suit but the pics he shown me were ROTJ recasts and I think it came from Cameron Oakley.It only had the same left forearm doubled up which suggest's it came from the same suit that TE had.I don't know much about the history of TE's ROTJ so can't comment.

Hey cheers Rolf! What do you want to see/know my friend?

-Paul.

only two GINO suits were ever made publicly available!

TE2 or TM for me!

I know of a least four Gino suits.I own one,Brak's old suit,a move along suit, and a kit he sold on ebay not to long ago.Maybe Gino can let us know how many are out there?

I'm not sure about MFX.Guidon said he had an original ANH suit but the pics he shown me were ROTJ recasts and I think it came from Cameron Oakley.It only had the same left forearm doubled up which suggest's it came from the same suit that TE had.I don't know much about the history of TE's ROTJ so can't comment.

Hey cheers Rolf! What do you want to see/know my friend?

-Paul.

Yo Paul bro.

Ive been looking at you www, and i like what i see 100%.

You are a true artist to me.

A true fan and a maker, thats awesome.

Ive seen your new sandtrooper anh kit, its really AWESOME!!! .

Is "he" your latest work.

What comes whit your anh kit, both tk parts and td parts in the same kit.

So you can go both ways.

Knee, belly, shoulder strips ex.

Are your anh mold done, or do you still do some modify on it (you are like me i think, even whit my own armor i do thing over and over again).

Are it in hips plastic, how thick.

Or is it in your new awesome flex fantastic plastic to troop in so it wont crack up ex for a life time.

Is it made, ready to wear or should it be cut out (like te,ap kit).

I mean you armor looks wonderfull, so we will like to see some good pictures of it.

If this is too much, i pm you from here.

Best regards.

Rolf

Rolf,

I'm holding off for a while with the flexy suit's.I need to upgrade my vac table to get consistant pulls as it is terrible stuff to form.

The sandtrooper suit in my pics is the one I made for Phil (nobody) and is from my moulds as they are now.I am remaking some parts that I was not totally happy with,and modding others slightly to be more accurate.I think I will always be modding the moulds,there is always some new detail or funny shape needed to be added.

You can choose any kit you want,sandtrooper,ANH or ESB sormtrooper or you could choose to have all the interchangable parts if you wanted.I'm still using .100 gloss white HIPS until I upgrade my machine.

Give me your email address and I can send you hi-res pics of the sandtrooper suit if you want.

-Paul.