alternate handplate nitpicking

motman241

I'm just thinking about the alternate handplates, and wondering..... Are the handplates worn on both hands, or just the one hand (and the regular one on the other hand)? Is there a specific weapon associated with these handplates? Or maybe pauldron color? (or some other reason as to who wears them, and who doesn't)

I know this is really nitpicky and everything. These are the sorts of details that make things interesting.

I just happened to be thinking about it, and wondered. Were the alternate handplates meant to be, or were they made in a hurry to replace broken/lost/loose ones? Were they meant as something only for MG15 gunners? Or maybe they were just randomly dispersed.

after all i know the anh suits weren´t all ready for filming. they were shipped from uk to tunisia sloppy assembled or even unassembled.

there were problems while shooting the tatooine scenes. sandstorms, missing props and so on...

i assume they were build very quickly to replace missing handplates.

good idea on the mg-15 gunners but i don´t think the film/prop crew had time and interests in these kinda odds and ends.

the design changed from sandtrooper to the standart stormtrooper look only because it looked better on screen. (i´m reffering to the abplate buttons or the stripes on the helmets, not for specific sandtrooper items like pauldrons or mag pouches!)

Yeah, I know what you're taling about, and that's the way I always have figured it, too. The sandtroopers were the first things to be filmed, and the armor was tweaked a bit after that (hence the chest buttons, knee plates, etc). Somewhere I have a photo of a bunch of stormtroopers, and I thought several of them had the variant handplates. I'll have to dig through the thousands of pictures, and try to find it.