Sandtrooper alternate handplate Hi Rez!!!

Deralis

What did you use to attach your hand plates to rubber gloves Paul? I'm using industrial velcro that I sewed into nomex flight gloves but I have a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves I would like to put to use (without using elastic strapping to hold the handplates ). Does anyone know if E6000 works on rubber gloves? If so, I'm going to E6000 some velcro to them!

Harry

I don't know what they were originally made from,but I made some anyway

Those are just held on with sticky tape for the pic Harry.I have used velcro in the past but it didn't last long.I now plan on using snaps by gluing a piece of plastic with two snaps inside the hand plate and a matching piece of plastic with the female snaps inside my gloves which will hopefully do the job.

-Paul.

It didn't fail completely, but it was coming away from the rubber by about 50% after only four hours of trooping. My plan was to use E6000 to attach a rubber handback I'm making to the rubber glove. I am still going to try that. Because the rubber is flexible it should put much less stress on the bond than a flexible material glued to a not so flexible plastic handback (which was what I had on that day). If you do glue a rigid plastic handback to your rubber gloves I would recommend gluing only down the middle of the back of your hand since that area will see the least flex.

That sounds like the best way to secure them to rubber. I'll have to give it a try

Those are just held on with sticky tape for the pic Harry.I have used velcro in the past but it didn't last long.I now plan on using snaps by gluing a piece of plastic with two snaps inside the hand plate and a matching piece of plastic with the female snaps inside my gloves which will hopefully do the job.

-Paul.

No, I don't think the drop boxes were used for handplates. In that last picture Rocko posted, each of the handplates looks different. That doesn't surprise me, though. There's not that many of them in ANH. Maybe they were a "it'll do in a pinch" sort of thing.

Paul,

I tried out your snap idea. It seemed to work pretty well. I cut a piece of left over ABS in a square, hammered in two female snaps and put industrial velcro on the other side. Then I hammered in two male snaps to the glove. I didn't bother to use plastic on the inside of the glove when attaching the snaps. I figured it would be uncomfortable to wear and the snaps alone seem pretty secure. I already had velcro on the inside of the handplate for attaching to my nomex glove. By using the velcro, it allows you to switch the handplates to either glove. The gloves are military issue and are pretty thick so I don't think they will tear Thanks for the TM!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PM sent!

Looks good Harry.I might try and use some thick fabric glued inside my gloves when I add the snaps rather than plastic,like you say,it will probably be uncortable.I know my thin black washing up gloves won't hold up to much abuse so backing up with something is needed I think.