checking a Backpack as airline luggage

TD640

Hello

I'm going to be in the Rose Bowl parade as a Sandtrooper. I got all my supplies ready for the flight except the backpack. I can't seem to find a container that will hold it suitable for airline luggage. I can't remember my packs exact dimensions I believe it's 28x24x14. I'd also consider acquiring a new pack since mine isn't truly canon.

Good luck.

You may want to check the Air lines's size restrictions. One thing is for sure, it won't be accepted as a carry-on item. It might be a better idea to box it up and ship it out there beforehand via UPS or FedEx.

What would be the cost of shipping it by courier (ie. UPS, Fedex, etc...) I wonder? My concern is due to it being the height of the holidays, the courier services will be backlogged with deliveries and may not arrive in time. I was thinking of getting a steamer trunk with wheels like these: http://www.trunkoutlet.com/

What do you guys think?

Pricey, but may be worth it. Brian, if you go that route & think two packs can fit in, I'll contribute some $$$ to the project.

Thanks Paul but the specs for the largest trunk would only seem to fit one pack, and that barely. If we go the courier option, how 'bout shipping them a few days in advance to the hotel to ensure they get there in time? We could split the costs. However they might have policies against storage or they may charge a fee.

That would probably be cheaper for me to ship it than to find a container that will fit it and probably get charged for oversized luggage by the airline. I'll have to FedEx or UPS it well in advance so it gets to the hotel on the 27th when I arrive. Twice my roommates at Dragon Con had costume items sent overnight to them that they forgot at home.

My concern wasn't feasability of shipping but seasonal backlogs which is also a common occurrence that time of year (ask me how I know).

Anyway, I called the hotel this morning in LA and they said they had no problem with shipping our gear prior to our arrival. In addition to obviously addressing it the hotel, make sure its to your attention c/o the front desk.