shoes

ctrooper

I'm desperately trying to find an affordable pair of the proper black boots. I've seen them go by chelsea or jodhpur boots, but they seem to go for a fair bit on eBay and are all in the UK. I found a couple eBay sellers, but the shipping is a killer. I'd love to find a North American source for some good boots!

i think Ctrooper wants accurate boots? I have a pair of CA boots.. at least i think they are well anyway there great could use a little more padding but i plan on getting a set of

Shires boots myself as soon as funds are free **** bills!

But when its all said and done the CA boots are 80 plus shipping

the Shires are 86 shipped to the US

so theres not much of a price difference

My CA's are great except for the fact that I nearly dislocate my ankle every time I remove them. When they're on, they're a perfect fit, but getting them on and off can be a bit of a challenge. Get a good shoe horn and you should be golden.

Try www.caboots.com

They're in Texas and have just about any kind of boots you'd want--including trooper boots.

I am a UK size 7 and Caboots only go to a US size 8 which I think is a bit big for me, if there are no smaller sizes available then it's Jodhpur boots for me but I didn't really want to have to dye a pair....

If anyone has the Caboots size 8 can you send me the measurements from toe to heel so I can see if they WILL be too big? Ta!

Hi Rachel,

Dying the boots white is very easy with the leather spray paint that you can get from your local cobblers.You'll need a small bottle of white fabric paint too for the elastic but it's only cheap.Just mask the soles and spray a few light coats,allowing each coat to dry before the next,and your good to go......movie accurate too