Pauldron Reference section added!

• 1 month later...

"Alright men, load your weapons" You don't normally keep them loaded??

"This one's locked; move on to the next" Yeah, no one is gonna hide behind a locked door. I think these particular sandtroopers weren't exactly the empire's best if you catch my drift.

Twin Suns and all it was pretty hot. So hot some of them didn't wear calf armor.

"This one's locked; move on to the next"

Here's a strange piece of random trivia for you:

In one of the original sound mixes (there were several), the doors scene went like this - "Alright, check that side of the street. It's secure. Move on to the next one." Why, oh why would they change this? BTW, it's also a different trooper voice.

I know because when I was a kid, seeing ANH for the second or third time in 77, a friend of mine recorded the entire movie with a portable cassette recorder. I still have my copies of the tapes, and while the quality is terrible, you can definitely make out all of the dialogue. There were lots of little sound mix changes over the years and I always notice them because this version will forever be imprinted in my memory.

There were I think 3 mixes of ANH in theaters, then a mix for each respective VHS/Laserdisc/video disc/DVD release along with (I think 3) more mixes for the SE theatrical release and then the DVD/VHS of that. Whew. I notice the differences too (mostly between old VHS to VHS SE to DVD Super SE), although I didn't know about that changed line. Funny stuff.