MY AP HELMET

td2878

Top NICE!!! helmet art work bro.

I know you have it in you. Awesome finish look.

AP point holes for get together helmet, comes out that there is not so much space over the eyes to the black string.

I was not happy whit that, so i took the holes (on the face plade longer up, you can see it inside the helmet, and it works find now, i think).

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just got my AP (Woot) and after going through it, I also noticed the dripping on the same location from the right to front of the cap. Over all, I am very happy with the armor, but this did stand out. Its much nicer than my last set. While it is not quite as thick as FX, its thick enough in my opinion. Compared to the SDS bucket, this thing feels way more durable. The SDS is super thin in some of the areas mentioned, such as the mic area.

I tried to take some pictures of the warp on the cap. I don't feel any of the warping inside, just on the outside. You cannot see it so much in most lighting but I tried to hold it so you can see it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I'm not really sure what to think about that. I'm sure I can mask it with some weathering, but it did catch my eye.

Also, here is a camera phone comparison of my SDS (left) with the AP (right).

Posted Image

There is an obvious color difference which isn't so noticable when I am not standing directly next to the SDS, but it brings me to the question...

Are you guys painting your AP or leaving it as is?

The SDS is a kind of milky white compared to the AP when they are next to each other but to be honest if you are going to weather the AP i wouldnt bother painting it, i didn't. I'm using my SDS for TK and the AP for TD.

The odd forming on the lid is weird, mine shows no sign of that although it is thin in places but obvious places like the aerator area. The AP definately feels more robust than the SDS though.

Does any one know if AP has altered the suggested srew holes markings?

BEWARE THE MARKINGS, THEY MISLEAD!!

I don't feel any of the warping inside, just on the outside.

Like I said earlier,the problem is not the mould it's the plastic.The ridge line you see is where the plastic has thinned out.The top part will be 2mm thick,then from the line down to 1.5mm or 1mm.I'll bet the brow area is the thinnest part of the helmet.....right? AP could also be using a different supplier for his plastic too.Every batch is different from my experience,albeit HIPS and not ABS.

Sorry, didn't clarify.

My helmet wasn't pre-drilled but there were indents where the holes were suggested but they ended up giving the helmet a squashed look. i needed to move them back a bit.

if yours are pre-drilled then maybe they have been altered.

You'll know straight away what i mean if they are wrong.

I don't feel any of the warping inside, just on the outside.

Like I said earlier,the problem is not the mould it's the plastic.The ridge line you see is where the plastic has thinned out.The top part will be 2mm thick,then from the line down to 1.5mm or 1mm.I'll bet the brow area is the thinnest part of the helmet.....right? AP could also be using a different supplier for his plastic too.Every batch is different from my experience,albeit HIPS and not ABS.

Interesting. My lack of understanding was mostly around the seeming reoccurence in the same locations. Kind of interesting as tells though. All and all an excellent set. I'm really looking forward to this armor.