#25259 Checking in and Questions

SithingAintEasy

Hello 

#25259 from SCG here checking in to MEPD. 

I have been a legion member since 2016 and have/had multiple costumes in many detachments. 

Currently have I Darth Vader, Pre Vizsla, both versions of Crosshair from BB and other RL costumes. 

I came across an old legions members retired well used TK and knew I needed to turn it into a sandy! Ive always been partial to ANH and the characters rawness found throughout the movie. My Vader is ANH, I love the harsh weathering and construction from the 70's.

I built up my sand trooper to match the stripped down version found for brief moments in ANH and sadly it is not being allowed per the MEPD requirements. 

I have read through some threads here and it seems like the topic fell off. 

This detachment is very detailed and holds it self to a high level of cannon accuracy, but why do we not allow this trooper to be approved and used?

Id love to know what the thought process is on this topic and how we can work to get more sandy's out there doing the good sith lords work!

image.thumb.jpeg.62192a7dc69a1bf5783407cd79a70e6c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e90abc1b57d93a40e08c582040bc122d.jpeg

You and I have actually talked about this topic on the legion forum.  It was also brought to my attention that you posted this to Instagram is well, saying this isn't approvable. This costume is approvable at level 3, SWAT. So, it is in fact approvable.  This rule is in place for the very reason you stated in the post. The MEPD does not want to be the place people take old, yellowed TKs without any upgrades.  For level one approval, you will need to add pouches and a pauldron. If you wish to approve as a higher level, you will first need to approve to level one and then you will need to pause the film and copy the armor style and weathering pattern exactly to the character you have chosen.  

• Like 2

Thank you I understand. 

The armor was upgraded and updated to have the proper pieces, I added the screen accurate leather side pouches and weathered to sand trooper specifications.

Why must I need pieces of a costume that are not screen used for that trooper (Extra pouch and pauldron), just to take off? It’s a sand trooper cannon from what’s shown on screen. 

I had centurion level TKs so I  understand the concept of level 3, but we are talking about screen accuracy to a trooper seen on screen  

Obviously I don’t agree so I’ll just move along.

Thank you for your time. 

Well, the basic CRLs reflect the image of the typical Sandtrooper. This can be recognized by the shoulder pauldron. I do not understand the problem. If you value having a TD without a pauldron, try to reach level 3. The TD without pauldron would be a step up to level 3. At level 3 the CRLs dictate that you emulate a specific TD. Means identical in armor (special features, damage, match) and weathering. A 1:1 match to the film model that is as accurate as possible. For me, simply leaving out the pauldron isn't an improvement if the rest doesn't fit. Sorry.

If it's so important to you not to have one, then rent a pauldron, add the basic and leave it out later.

Thanks, Thomas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This comment below  seems silly to me when I built a screen accurate costume.

It’s all good the MEPD isn’t for me. Thank you for your time. 

“If it's so important to you not to have one, then rent a pauldron, add the basic and leave it out later.”

I'm sorry you see it that way. But there are procedures that must be followed. I think you're just concerned with the principle and you won't deviate from your point of view.

• 4 weeks later...

my two cents here (sorry I am late) but I chose to do the "roadblock captain". No they do not have a backpack. In order for me to go SWAT though, I would have to level up to PO, which would require me to build a pack. Which I dont see as necessary because the armor doesn't have it. BUT - I have accepted that as a necessary standard that should be met. If I really wanted to go SWAT, then I would build a pack to make PO.
IMO - the iconic Sandtrooper is identifiable by their pauldron.  No pauldron is just a regular TK that's dirty.

• Like 1