New member, looking for recommendations on a voice changer setup that other Sandtroopers here are using!

Hello everyone, glad to be part of the forum. The electronics section of the forum seems to be a bit abandoned (last post 5 years ago?), so hopefully this one sees enough people. I have a full commissioned set of Sandtrooper armor from RS, but it still needs some fine details (mainly pouches) before I submit for deployment.

I'm wondering if anybody has recommendations on what I can use as a good voice changer mic setup as a Sandtrooper? Seems like a lot of people use the TRamp system, I reached out to the creator and haven't heard back.

I tried going a more economical route by trying the "trooper talk" app on iOS. Maybe I wasn't setting it up properly, but the ear bleeding feedback from the speaker and mic from every little sound (even the static bursts left my ears ringing) made it unbearable to use. And that's not including the monstrosity of a user experience and UI nightmare that it is. It also seems like the developer of that app is completely MIA. He popped into this forum 7 years ago to advertise it, and then just disappeared. If anyone has been able to get it to work, let me know. I even took all of his suggestions by getting the correct aux splitter, headset, speaker, etc.

Any help is appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 7:49 AM, bigwam said:

Hi,

sometimes, i use an Aker MR1505. But the most time, nothing. 

I ended up getting a sound glove that goes under the main rubber glove. However, the problem is that the electronics are nearly too tight of a fit in the forearm armor piece. More significantly, the buttons are extremely hard to press accurately when the thick rubber glove is over the buttons. Any suggestions on how I can fix it?