I love sand... it gets everywhere!

TK7892

Hey everyone, I submitted my approval pics earlier today. What do you all think of my weathering? Just going for basic approval here, not emulating any specific trooper. For some reason, my camera photographed the armor more saturated than it actually is, on the actual armor the colors are brown and tan, not yellow. The chest plate color looks wonky next to the ab plate, but it's all the same color to the naked eye lol.

RmKqJN7.jpg

dGrBVm9.jpg

XYPVvYV.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Logan, sorry for the late reply, your armor looks good already but if I may give you some advice: I would suggest pulling up the whole torso by cutting out the neck opening in your chest further and maybe also shortening the shoulder pieces. This will also give you more overall freedom of movement. 

As far as your weathering is concerned, I would suggest toning it down, too many dark spots all over,also on the helmet. It would look a lot better if you just had some dark sport remaining but overall a light sand-weathering which I always achieve by giving my armor several washes with a watered-down mixture of acrylic paint (Vallejo game color earth) and dabbing most of it off again using paper towels. That way you would look much more in line with what we see on-screen. 

I know that weathering is also about personal preference so if you get your basic approval with this weathering, everything's fine. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 1