Help Needed with AP Shoulder Bells

maj_hassel

While I love my AP kit to pieces (no pun intended), I'm having a bit of trouble with the narrowness of the shoulder bells.

I've tried using a hairdryer but they always seem to retain their shape. Any suggestions?

Also, is it me or do the shoulder bells seem a little small? It might be my build--I'm 6'--but it don't think so. Maybe I got an odd pull.

To what degree are the AP shoulders ANH-screen-accurate?

Are there any alternatives out there that might be more accurate? How close are the FX?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

If you want to make them wider,you can try doing what I do when reshaping plastic.I do this on HIPS but should imagine it will work for ABS too.

Cut a wooden template or use pieces of wood to push out the plastic to the desired shape.Then take a heat gun and gently heat the bell evenly all over the entire surface.Keep the gun at least 8-10 inches away and try heating for 30 seconds.If the bell springs back to original shape try for one minute,then 1.30 minutes and so on until it retains it's new shape.Whatever you do,take your time and don't over heat the plastic.Use spiraling action or similar and don't just heat one spot.You must gently heat the plastic and it will change it's shape.

-Paul.

hi there, i have an AP and an SDS set ( although i understand the sds is somewhat taboo) and as far as i know there is a swoop detail on the bottom of the ridge on the shoulder bells that appears only on the SDS armour, they have the same overall contour to them as AP bells. i am skinny so didnt need to adjust.

newboy, bobtherocker73

sorry, forgot to mention reshaping technique. i used a high powered hair dryer to reshape the sides of my helmet, heat guns can be quite fearce if you havent attempted an adjustment before but the hairdryer generated enough heat to soften the ABS, mind those fingers tho, you may get indents of your fingers if not carefull.

i feel like i'm helping, yay!!

Simon'bobtherocker73'