Converting TK to TD

Jamie_milner

hey everyone,

I have an approved TK that I'm currently converting to a Sandtrooper.

The kit is a MTK kit, purchased in December 2016 and approved as a TK (ANH - Stunt) in December 2017.

Pics below are some more recent pics of the kit.

Unfortunately the ABS started to yellow quite badly, and rather than paint the TK I decided to convert.  I hadn't kept the kit shiny white, and there are plenty of scuff marks to match the yellowing effect.  Considered converting to a heavy weapons trooper, but ultimately decided TD.

The conversion means removing pieces.  When I built the kit I used a lot of zap-a-gap, not much E600.  removing the pieces has been slow and messy work, and I've been trying to not mess it up too badly.  Hopefully the weathering will be able to disguise some of the CA glue residue, where i haven't been able to sand it down.

Approved TK pics

49063168311_b93eef8b7a_b.jpgUntitled

49063383062_11c9725010_b.jpgUntitled

49063168301_19c4b535df_b.jpgUntitled

49062654213_cf522675ba_b.jpgUntitled

49062654228_c79fcb351a_b.jpgUntitled

Progress Pics - lucky that I had the MTK kit and that I though to keep the original TD parts of the kit.

Ab with plates removed and TD buttons in place

50992380867_43cc6057f7_b.jpgUntitled

Chest plate with shoulder straps removed - NB: holes are from some hidden snaps I used in the TK build, which will need to be filled with ABS paste.

50992380862_dfd0786a97_b.jpgUntitled

TK knee plate removed and TD knee plate - the TD plate has really yellowed, and you can see it here

50992380852_d7b792b3bc_b.jpgUntitled

Photo showing the original elastic shoulder strapping that I used.

50992262066_805b5a9a2f_b.jpgUntitled

Ammo pouches have been sourced from a local garrison member in Southern Cross Garrison.  Pauldron has been ordered and is hopefully on its way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jamie and welcome to the dirty side! :salute:

Your TK looks great and suits you really well, good to have you join us here at the MEPD. 

Don't worry too much about the yellowed parts, I think the weathering is more or less going to even out the differences in colour. 

Looking forward to seeing your progress, have fun building! 

• 2 years later...

Excellent. Been years since I converted my FX clean to dirty. Have the Anovos TK and need ab plate, buttons and sniper plate. Where did you get yours?  I was thinking the same thing that you did.  

Time for a long overdue update - I've actually completed the conversion, gained approval, and I have been trooping the TD for a while.

51708287374_1e77ccb2c8_b.jpgUntitled by jamie milner, on Flickr

51708283819_e3945dab52_b.jpgUntitled by jamie milner, on Flickr

51707887793_c71cee42cd_b.jpgUntitled by jamie milner, on Flickr

@TK3100 in response to your question, I had the TD buttons and TD sniper plate from the day I received the MTK kit.  It cam with all TD and TK parts so could be built whichever way.  I was lucky that I stored the parts along with other bits and pieces, and that I could convert, otherwise I would've had to buy them from somewhere.