Dragon-con

Hippie Trooper

Hey Hippy. I'm going, and staying at the Marriot. You ever find some more roomies?

Ive got a good tentative right now which almost looks like a sure thing. Several others have also responded on other boards so it looks like we'll find someone!

Later

Going off of last year I can think of two good times to do this. Right after the parade on Sat. the RL got together for a group pic over by the bank steps, we could do it right after them.

Then on Sun morning (late morning that is ) also at the bank steps we did the 501st group shot, we could do an MEPD after that. Some people hung out for other group shots (Imperial officers, 501st Southern Outpost, ect.)

Do we have enough members that are coming that are interested? Which day sounds better? Post your thoughts here and we'll make a decision based on that.

Also, I dont have a professional camara, if anyone does please let us know. I know a photographer that is coming, Ill see what I can do on my end.

If no one is interested in a group photo we could get together for dinner one night and get to meet and greet! Personally I'd like to get a group shot but lets make a decision here first.

Later

I'm going, and I'd be interested in a get-together. I'll try and fit my Sandtrooper in with me, but that will mean I am bringing all 5 of my costumes. It's a drive of over 1,850 miles, and I will need to sleep in my car and will need some room to do that. So I'll give it shot.

Well so far that makes three of us I plan to be at most of the legion events: clonetroopers get-together at Hooters, Fri at 6pm. The legion dinner, the parade and the photos so just ask at any of those events for Hippie or if Im wearing my CDR Bly just look for that. I guess we could play it by ear from there.

Later

I'll be a Sandtrooper (I hope since I'm still finishing the build on my AP armor) and I'll be there Friday night through Monday morning. This is my first DragonCon so I have no idea where anything is yet but I'll keep an eye out for you!

Wish I could go to this but unfortunately that's not possible this year. ****, I've never made it to this con before, but I was really hoping that I was going to it this year. I'll just have to wait until next time I guess.

Have fun troopers!

Im bringing both my TD and Bly. Since I just finished Bly I plan to have him for the parade and Legion photos along with the clonetroopers.net dinner of course. Any other time Ill probably have my TD during the day so I should be easy to spot. At night Ill be debuting my new, secret, non-SW costume and Im actually changing my appearance for it so I might be a little hard to recognize then. Believe it or not!

My wife's most recognizable costumes will be Yssane Isard (IceHeart from the books, red imperial officer's uniform with black hair and a white streak, and one red eye) and she'll also have her new "Fem-TIE" which Im sure will turn a few heads

Posted Image

So we should be fairly easy to spot! See you all there! Come and say hello!

Later

• 2 weeks later...

Sandtroopers from the Parade, who's who? I'm front right with the Lewis. Florida Phil, looks like your pauldron poking out behind me, sorry about that!

Oh man, don't worry about it. I thought I was good for the camera shot, but thought someone else was taking the picture

That's no-skillz on the left in both the buckets on and off shot. Me front and center on the buckets off shot.

Was good to meet you guys, though I seemed to have been pulled in every direction at once all during con. Some amazing peeps, and some amazing gear in that picture. Do I ever have work to do!

Yo Hippie! Met ya at the Mixer, couldn't remember what forum you were on. Good to meet ya.

Awesome meeting you too! We had a blast all weekend!

Sorry guys, didnt wear TD for the parade, wore my Bly as mentioned before, got a good clonetroopers group pic, but missed out on the TD shot, and I really wanted to do that one too! Maybe we can make this a regular at D-con and plan our pic either before or after the parade, seems to have worked out good this year

During the night I promised my new super secret costume, remember the "believe it or not" comment earlier? Here it is in the company of my wife Leighann debuting her Tour Guide Barbie from Toy Story 2:

Posted Image

Again, awesome seeing everyone again, and meeting those that we met for the first time this year! Let's do this more often!

Later